Search Open Positions
Operations Support Specialist Days FT
Under general supervision and according to established policies and procedures, provides business administrative support to assigned administrators, including executive directors with system-wide responsibilities, in overall planning, development and administration of services(s). Assists in ensuring quality and cost effective patient care services by assisting in the standardization of processes and procedures and evaluation of process improvement initiatives. May create and analyze various statistical reports and/or develop and monitor budgets for assigned areas. Assists with the marketing and communication of services; analyzes operational functions by tracking appropriate information and ensuring maximum utilization.
It is recognized that specific tasks may vary widely in type and frequency within functional areas or across services based on the nature of the customer/stakeholder population being served. Therefore, a functional area or service may appropriately add to or delete from individual duties in the standardized Operations Support Specialist job summary and develop a more detailed and department-specific position description. Position descriptions are created and maintained by the department
1. Bachelors degree Health Care Administration, Business Administration or related field. Coursework towards Masters degree in Hospital Administration or Business Administration is desirable.
2. years progressively more responsible related experience in health care administrative setting.
3. Program/project management experience within a healthcare environment preferred.Skills Required
1. Analytical ability required to collect, analyze and interpret complex financial reports, studies and processes and to present findings to management.
2. Communication and/or interpersonal skills necessary to effectively communicate with various levels of health care personnel on a daily basis. Courtesy and listening skills are required. The ability to read and comprehend procedures and technical literature in specific functional area is necessary.
3. Project management skills including the ability to define program, project, or process objectives, identify stakeholders and their interests, plan steps, coordinate and allocate human, technological and fiscal resources to accomplish goals and objectives in a resourceful yet timely manner.
4. Leadership skills including demonstrated willingness to pursue leadership roles with increasing levels of accountability, comfort with decision-making responsibilities, coaching, teaching and counseling skills, and the ability to inspire and build confidence in others and to forge alliances and garner support.
5. Ability to perform varied mathematical computations and to see relationships between data and to draw valid conclusions. Technical understanding of various computer software packages, such as spreadsheets, word processing, statistical analysis, database management, work flow and graphics programs.
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or
employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin,
age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will
make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities
unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.
Jobs for You
- Cook Dietary Admin Rotating Shift FT Job ID: 2205002482 Date posted: 01/26/2022 Facility: DMC Receiving Hospital
- Pediatric Patient Sitter Days Contingent Job ID: 2105027060 Date posted: 01/26/2022 Facility: DMC Children's Hospital of Michigan
- Surgical Technician OR Rotating Shift PT Job ID: 2205001397 Date posted: 01/26/2022 Facility: DMC Sinai-Grace Hospital
Tenet - A Community
Built on Care.
Across the country, the Tenet family includes 110,000 employees working in more than 65 hospitals and over 475 outpatient centers. We’re all focused on delivering the right care in the right place at the right time.
At Tenet, the impact of our work spreads far and deep across the many dimensions of healthcare that we touch. Every day, our employees and physicians foster a compassionate environment for care and healing in the communities we serve. We take pride in what we do, we are passionate about our chosen path, and we take seriously the true privilege we have in serving others as a Community Built on Care.Learn About Opportunities Across Tenet