Patient Care Associate PT Afternoons Harper University/Hutzel Women's Hospital
- Job ID 2005027175
- Date posted 09/24/2020
- Facility DMC Harper University/Hutzel Women's Hospital
The Patient Care Associate (PCA) is a member of the patient care services team with primary responsibilities for technical, multi-skilled direct and indirect patient care activities. The PCA is assigned to work under the supervision of a registered nurse who delegates tasks based upon patient needs and PCA skills and abilities. The PCA will report all deviations from expected patient parameters to the registered nurse.
1. Collaborates and cooperates with care team members to ensure consistency and quality of care and promotes productive employee relations among staff members. Demonstrates an understanding of and commitment to the philosophy and objective of continuous improvement, team work and the mission, vision and values of the DMC.
* 2. Performs a variety of basic patient care activities under the direction of a registered nurse. Reports changes in patient medical and/or emotional condition to the registered nurse. Assists nursing personnel in responding to various emergency patient situations.
* 3. Assists patient in activities of daily living by feeding, bathing, toileting and other personal hygiene regimes.
* 4. Follows all departmental policies, procedures and objectives; continuous improvement initiatives; safety environmental and infection control standards.
* 5. Demonstrates sensitivity to patient comfort and privacy and expresses interest in patient progress. Answers questions from patients and their families and explains procedures and processes within the scope of their training/abilities. Maintains confidentiality.
* 6. As required by unit needs, performs general clerical duties which may include, but are not limited to, answering telephones and call lights, greeting patients and visitors.
* 7. Enhances personal growth through participation in workshops, educational programs, in-service meetings and reviewing current literature. Shares joint accountability (with the institution) for maintaining competencies.
* 8. Performs other tasks as assigned (see task list).* * The essential functions of this job include but are not limited to those marked with an asterisk.
1. High school diploma or GED.
2. Graduation from a school of practical nursing OR
3. Completion of one of the following:
a. A Certified PCA/PCT Program.
b. A Certified Nurse Assistant Program or equivalent training.
c. A Medical Assistant Program.
d. An EMT program.
e. A phlebotomy training program. With six (6) months direct patient care experience, preferred. Part time position - 20 hours per week required
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.