Patient Safety Officer FT Days
- Job ID 1905033884
- Date posted 08/29/2019
- Facility Detroit Medical Center Shared Services
The Patient Safety Officer is an integral member of the Tenet Quality and Patient Safety Department.
This position is responsible for leading, improving, monitoring, and sustaining adherence with the Tenet Operating System for Patient Safety. This includes:
- Successful adherence to patient safety policies and procedures, standard work process, improved patient safety outcomes, regulatory requirements and accreditation, and clinical measures as appropriate. The position implements and supports processes which drive outcomes based, evidence based, cost-effective and safe practices in the multiple facilities setting.
- Reduces clinical risks at the point of care and mitigate those risks once they occur in collaboration with the Tenet Quality & Patient Safety Department.
- Implements and evaluates the effectiveness of the patient safety plan through tracking of multiple facility acquired conditions and through developing and reporting of other key performance indicators.
- Collaborates with the multiple facility CEO, CNO, COO, CMO, and DCQI to adhere to applicable federal, state, local regulations i.e. (The Joint Commission, EMTALA, FDA reporting, etc.) and will work closely with the multiple facilities CO in managing the quality of care domain of the compliance program.
Must have Bachelor s Degree (patient care related field preferred). J.D, or Master s in Nursing, Health Services, or Patient Safety preferred.
At least 3 years of experience (five years preferred) with progressive responsibility working in a quality/performance improvement and/or patient safety department
Experience leading interdisciplinary initiatives in process improvement or directly improving the reliability of healthcare delivery at the point of care.
Those at the novice (no experience) or beginner level (less than 3 years experience) must complete the National Patient Safety Foundation (NPSF) curriculum on patient safety within 120 days of hire.Certification:
Certified Professional Healthcare Risk Management (CPHRM) [Preferred]Required Licensure:
- Maintains active license
In Florida, active risk management licensure required
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.