Search Open Positions
Pediatric Care Management Technician Days FT
Children’s Hospital of Michigan is an international leader in pediatric and adolescent medicine. Surgical services include general, thoracic, reconstructive and cardiovascular. Imaging technology designed specifically for children provides advanced diagnostic services including Positron Emission Tomography (PET) and MRI. The Children’s Hospital of Michigan Emergency Department is a verified Level 1 Pediatric Trauma Center and dedicated pediatric burn center. Experts in pediatric critical care, rehabilitation, and neonatal and perinatal medicine provide care for thousands of children every year at Children’s Hospital of Michigan, Children’s Hospital of Michigan - Troy and six ambulatory sites.
Under general supervision and according to established policies and procedures, provides assistance to Care Management functions for the site. Participates as a member of the Care Management Team to facilitate process flow in care coordination activities and transition planning. Communicates with Third Party payers and other community resources to assist in the patient disposition process. Interfaces with Patient Financial Services on issues related to eligibility, benefit coverage, and appropriate provider. Performs input into various databases as appropriate for utilization management, LOS management and Denial Management activities. Audits data input and corrects errors, as needed. Investigates and responds to inquiries related to the authorization process, benefit coverage and general concerns regarding policies and procedures. Maintains necessary utilization review files for all patients in the hospital. Validates discharge dispositions and assists with issuing Medicare Important Message letters prior to discharge. Establishes and maintains effective relationships with physicians and all other staff members, internally and externally. Identifies problems or any dissatisfaction experienced by any customer or referring source and works to resolve them to a high degree of service excellence. Uses positive interpersonal skills to effectively resolve conflict. Promotes a positive customer relations environment. Performs related clerical/secretarial duties as needed.
1. High school diploma or equivalent.
2. One to two years related experience in an outpatient clinic or hospital setting, including six to twelve months of data entry experience.
3. One to two years work experience in an insurance, medical records, billing or related area desirable.
4. Medical Assistant certification, license to practice as a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN), or college coursework in heath care preferred.
5. Additional training in computer applications preferred.
6. Working knowledge of medical terminology desired .
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or
employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin,
age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will
make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities
unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.
Jobs for You
- Laboratory Assistant Microbiology Afternoons FT Job ID: 2105019693 Date posted: 09/15/2021 Facility: DMC University Laboratories, Inc.
- Laboratory Assistant Core Lab Afternoons FT Job ID: 2105000672 Date posted: 09/15/2021 Facility: DMC University Laboratories, Inc.
- Laboratory Assistant Core Lab Nights PT Job ID: 2105012587 Date posted: 09/15/2021 Facility: DMC University Laboratories, Inc.
Tenet - A Community
Built on Care.
Across the country, the Tenet family includes 110,000 employees working in more than 65 hospitals and over 475 outpatient centers. We’re all focused on delivering the right care in the right place at the right time.
At Tenet, the impact of our work spreads far and deep across the many dimensions of healthcare that we touch. Every day, our employees and physicians foster a compassionate environment for care and healing in the communities we serve. We take pride in what we do, we are passionate about our chosen path, and we take seriously the true privilege we have in serving others as a Community Built on Care.Learn About Opportunities Across Tenet