Search Open Positions
Pediatric Neurodiagnostics Technologist Nights FT
**SIGN ON BONUS AVAILABLE $2,500.00***
Children’s Hospital of Michigan is an international leader in pediatric and adolescent medicine. Surgical services include general, thoracic, reconstructive and cardiovascular. Imaging technology designed specifically for children provides advanced diagnostic services including Positron Emission Tomography (PET) and MRI. The Children’s Hospital of Michigan Emergency Department is a verified Level 1 Pediatric Trauma Center and dedicated pediatric burn center. Experts in pediatric critical care, rehabilitation, and neonatal and perinatal medicine provide care for thousands of children every year at Children’s Hospital of Michigan, Children’s Hospital of Michigan - Troy and six ambulatory sites.
Under general supervision, and according to established policies and procedures, performs a variety of neurodiagnostic studies which may include electroencephalogram (EEG) recordings, Evoked Potentials (EP) recordings including: Visual, Auditory, Somatosensory and Motor Evoked Potentials and nerve conduction studies. Performs Long Term Monitoring in the Neurotrama ICU units at multiple sites and Epilepsy Monitoring Units. Performs Wada Studies during angiography procedures, intra-operative monitoring (Electrocorticography), Motor and Sensory Braining Mapping with intracranial Grid Placement and 48-72 Hour Ambulatory EEG Monitoring(Set up and take down). Completes daily billing, report faxing and filing with database archiving and database management. Participates in subspecialty and assists in training technical personnel as needed.
1. High School diploma or equivalent.
2. Completion of an electroneurodiagnostic technology program or Associate's degree in scientific or medically related field or equivalent combination of education and experience. Strong background in biological, physiological, psychological or computer sciences desired. Or two or more years of progressively more responsible work experience performing a variety of neurodiagnostic test.
3. Certificate in EEG or electroneurodiagnostic (END) technology from a technical or community college preferred.
4. Registration in a technical specialty (i.e., EEG, Evoked Potentials, etc) through a nationally recognized neurodiagnostic organization strongly preferred ( AAET,ABRET or equivalent).
5. BLS for Health Care Providers certification required.
6. Hospital experience preferred.
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or
employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin,
age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will
make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities
unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.
Jobs for You
- Mental Health Tech Days FT Job ID: 2105036087 Date posted: 09/22/2021 Facility: DMC Receiving Hospital
- RN LDRP FT Midnights Job ID: 2105020085 Date posted: 09/21/2021 Facility: DMC Sinai-Grace Hospital
- Pediatric Medical Office Assistant Neurosurgery Clinic Days FT Job ID: 2105022006 Date posted: 08/19/2021 Facility: DMC Children's Hospital of Michigan
Tenet - A Community
Built on Care.
Across the country, the Tenet family includes 110,000 employees working in more than 65 hospitals and over 475 outpatient centers. We’re all focused on delivering the right care in the right place at the right time.
At Tenet, the impact of our work spreads far and deep across the many dimensions of healthcare that we touch. Every day, our employees and physicians foster a compassionate environment for care and healing in the communities we serve. We take pride in what we do, we are passionate about our chosen path, and we take seriously the true privilege we have in serving others as a Community Built on Care.Learn About Opportunities Across Tenet