Search Open Positions
Pediatric Registered Respiratory Therapist Nights PT
Up to $4K Sign On depending on years of relevant experience.
Children’s Hospital of Michigan is an international leader in pediatric and adolescent medicine. Surgical services include general, thoracic, reconstructive and cardiovascular. Imaging technology designed specifically for children provides advanced diagnostic services including Positron Emission Tomography (PET) and MRI. The Children’s Hospital of Michigan Emergency Department is a verified Level 1 Pediatric Trauma Center and dedicated pediatric burn center. Experts in pediatric critical care, rehabilitation, and neonatal and perinatal medicine provide care for thousands of children every year at Children’s Hospital of Michigan, Children’s Hospital of Michigan - Troy and six ambulatory sites.
Under general supervision and according to established policies and procedures, acts as a professional member of the health care team by providing respiratory therapy services throughout the continuum of care. Maintains effective interdepartmental relationships to ensure optimal department operations and timely problem resolution. Assumes the duties of an in-charge therapist. Monitors CQI activities, makes daily assignments/work loads, coordinates staffing/scheduling, rents equipment as needed, and coordinates daily staff activities and code blue response activities. Instructs employees and students in the principles and practices of designated respiratory care procedures/tasks and evaluates their competence. Performs the duties of a Respiratory Therapist within the education/training and experience levels required and as assigned. May monitor and provide care to patients receiving ECMO or hyperbaric chamber treatment, depending on the assigned hospital.
1. Graduation from an AMA/CoARC approved Respiratory Care program. Associates degree in Science, Allied Health or equivalent.
2. Registration (RRT) by the National Board of Respiratory Care (NBRC).
3. Licensure to practice as a Respiratory Therapist in the State of Michigan.
4. One to three years of respiratory care experience. Previous leadership experience preferred.
5. Successful completion of ECMO training program, if applicable.
6. Hyperbaric training, if applicable.
7. BCLS certification required. ACLS certification preferred.
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or
employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin,
age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will
make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities
unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.
Jobs for You
- Registered Respiratory Therapist Midnight FT Job ID: 2105002661 Date posted: 08/27/2021 Facility: DMC Receiving Hospital
- Registered Respiratory Therapist Days FT Up to $10,000 Sign on Bonus Job ID: 2105033751 Date posted: 09/09/2021 Facility: DMC Sinai-Grace Hospital
- Respiratory Care Intern I Rotating Shift Contingent Job ID: 2105035976 Date posted: 09/17/2021 Facility: DMC Sinai-Grace Hospital
Tenet - A Community
Built on Care.
Across the country, the Tenet family includes 110,000 employees working in more than 65 hospitals and over 475 outpatient centers. We’re all focused on delivering the right care in the right place at the right time.
At Tenet, the impact of our work spreads far and deep across the many dimensions of healthcare that we touch. Every day, our employees and physicians foster a compassionate environment for care and healing in the communities we serve. We take pride in what we do, we are passionate about our chosen path, and we take seriously the true privilege we have in serving others as a Community Built on Care.Learn About Opportunities Across Tenet