Search Open Positions
Pharmacy Technician Rotating Shift FT
Sinai-Grace Hospital is DMC’s largest hospital, offering a comprehensive heart center, cancer care, gerontology, emergency medicine, obstetrics/gynecology and cosmetic services. Sinai-Grace’s joint replacement program features a revolutionary minimally invasive knee and hip replacement surgery that attracts patients from all over the country. Sinai-Grace operates more than 21 outpatient care sites and ambulatory surgery centers throughout Wayne and Oakland Counties and is one of 10 hospitals in the nation to be awarded a Robert Wood Johnson Foundation grant to help set the standards of cardiac care for hospitals and physicians throughout the nation.
Under the direction and final check of a licensed Pharmacist, prepares, packages and labels IV and unit dose interim and maintenance medications according to prescriber orders and to established policies and procedures.
• Utilizes mathematical calculations to ensure accuracy and maintains a sterile environment.
• Delivers floor stock medication, patient-specific medication, emergency boxes and crash cart trays to patient care areas.
• May process and deliver controlled substances to patient care areas maintaining appropriate controlled substance inventory and documentation.
• Collects and returns medication orders and unused and expired medications from the patient care areas to the pharmacy for appropriate processing.
• Performs related charge functions.
• Responds to requests and inquiries from hospital employees and customers and provides appropriate information regarding medication orders.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
1. High School Diploma or equivalent.
2. Licensed as a Pharmacy Technician in the State of Michigan by 10/1/15.
3. Prior pharmacy experience and/or completion of formal pharmacy technician training including knowledge of medical and pharmaceutical terminologies is preferred.
4. Certification is preferred.
1. Visual acuity and manual dexterity to operate an on-line computer keyboard and typewriter to maintain patient profile, capture charges, enter prescription data and access patient information. Visual acuity and color vision to read prescriptions, recognize impurities in I.V. solutions and accurately fill prescriptions.
2. Interpersonal and communication skills to effectively interact with physicians, patient care staff, and other department personnel and patients.
3. Mathematical ability to perform calculations, requiring knowledge of metric system and use of a calculator.
4. Ability to transport medication delivery carts, lift approximately 10-20 pounds (light work), bend and move stock (6-10% of work day). Ability to frequently (21-50% or work time) lift and transport medications such as I.V. solutions (exerting a force of up to 60 pounds). Ability to stand for extended periods of time.
5. Ability to move to and from various units/patient rooms of the hospital almost constantly (more than 80% of work day) to dispense medications, at times in cramped quarters.
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or
employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin,
age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will
make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities
unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.
Jobs for You
- Pharmacy Technician Nights FT Job ID: 2205006629 Date posted: 06/21/2022 Facility: DMC Receiving Hospital
- Pharmacy Resident Rotating Shift FT Job ID: 2205019265 Date posted: 06/16/2022 Facility: DMC Harper University/Hutzel Women's Hospital
- Pharmacy Technician Nights FT Job ID: 2205013074 Date posted: 06/10/2022 Facility: DMC Harper University/Hutzel Women's Hospital
Tenet - A Community
Built on Care.
Across the country, the Tenet family includes 110,000 employees working in more than 65 hospitals and over 475 outpatient centers. We’re all focused on delivering the right care in the right place at the right time.
At Tenet, the impact of our work spreads far and deep across the many dimensions of healthcare that we touch. Every day, our employees and physicians foster a compassionate environment for care and healing in the communities we serve. We take pride in what we do, we are passionate about our chosen path, and we take seriously the true privilege we have in serving others as a Community Built on Care.Learn About Opportunities Across Tenet