Search Open Positions
Physical Therapist Days FT Sign on Bonus available
**$10,000 Sign on Bonus, with required amount of relevant experience**
DMC Sinai-Grace Hospital is DMC’s largest hospital, offering a comprehensive heart center, cancer care, gerontology, emergency medicine, obstetrics/gynecology and cosmetic services. Sinai-Grace’s joint replacement program features a revolutionary minimally invasive knee and hip replacement surgery that attracts patients from all over the country. Sinai-Grace operates more than 21 outpatient care sites and ambulatory surgery centers throughout Wayne and Oakland Counties and is one of 10 hospitals in the nation to be awarded a Robert Wood Johnson Foundation grant to help set the standards of cardiac care for hospitals and physicians throughout the nation.
Under general supervision of the supervisor, Physical Therapy, treats patients using standard physical therapy procedures such as heat, cold, electricity, traction, ultrasound and exercise. Evaluates patients motor and neurological capabilities and documents findings.
- Treats patients using standard physical therapy procedures; assists patients in rehabilitative exercise programs; and instructs patients in the use of rehabilitative equipment such as braces, splints, and ambulation aides.
- Administers and interprets a variety of tests to evaluate the motor and neurological capabilities of patients.
- Documents patient treatments, initial evaluation, progress notes and discharge summaries in accordance with departmental policies and service line protocols. Co-signs notes written by physical therapy assistants, aides and/or students.
- Develops home care programs for patients and provides instruction to families during hospitalization and upon discharge.
- Attends interdisciplinary meetings and various conferences to report on patients progress; consults regularly with other service line team members regarding patient treatment.
- Oversees, instructs and evaluates physical therapy assistants, aids, students and/or volunteers, as assigned.
- Responsible for the maintenance of equipment and supplies in assigned treatment areas; recommends the purchase of supplies and/or equipment, as needed.
- Maintains professional expertise through workshops, lectures, conferences, departmental, service line meetings, etc. in order to remain current on treatment techniques. Serves as a member of a designated service line.
- Assists in the implementation of programs and services to foster a interdisciplinary approach and a service line system of care.
- Promotes the values of the DMC by demonstrating behaviors supportive of a commitment to quality, community welfare, respect and involvement, teamwork, open and effective communication, innovation and education, and efficient and effective resource use.
1. Bachelors degree in Physical Therapy or certification from an accredited physical therapy program.
2. Current license to practice as a Physical Therapist in the State of Michigan.
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or
employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin,
age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will
make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities
unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.
Jobs for You
- Registered Respiratory Therapist Nights FT Sign on Bonus available Job ID: 2105043799 Date posted: 05/02/2022 Facility: DMC Sinai-Grace Hospital
- Registered Respiratory Therapist Nights FT Sign on Bonus available Job ID: 2205037557 Date posted: 11/01/2022 Facility: DMC Harper University/Hutzel Women's Hospital
- Registered Respiratory Therapist Nights FT Sign on Bonus available Job ID: 2105048669 Date posted: 05/05/2022 Facility: DMC Harper University/Hutzel Women's Hospital
Tenet - A Community
Built on Care.
Across the country, the Tenet family includes 110,000 employees working in more than 65 hospitals and over 475 outpatient centers. We’re all focused on delivering the right care in the right place at the right time.
At Tenet, the impact of our work spreads far and deep across the many dimensions of healthcare that we touch. Every day, our employees and physicians foster a compassionate environment for care and healing in the communities we serve. We take pride in what we do, we are passionate about our chosen path, and we take seriously the true privilege we have in serving others as a Community Built on Care.Learn About Opportunities Across Tenet