Search Open Positions
Registered Respiratory Therapist Days FT Up to $10,000 Sign on Bonus
***Sign-on Bonus - Up to $10,000 Sign on bonus based on years of RRT experience offered ***
DMC Sinai-Grace Hospital is DMC’s largest hospital, offering a comprehensive heart center, cancer care, gerontology, emergency medicine, obstetrics/gynecology and cosmetic services. Sinai-Grace’s joint replacement program features a revolutionary minimally invasive knee and hip replacement surgery that attracts patients from all over the country. Sinai-Grace operates more than 21 outpatient care sites and ambulatory surgery centers throughout Wayne and Oakland Counties and is one of 10 hospitals in the nation to be awarded a Robert Wood Johnson Foundation grant to help set the standards of cardiac care for hospitals and physicians throughout the nation.
Under general supervision and according to established policies and procedures, acts as a professional member of the health care team by providing respiratory therapy services throughout the continuum of care. Provides therapeutic and rehabilitative procedures and diagnostic tests for patients with, or at risk of, abnormalities of the cardiopulmonary system. Collaborates with physicians, nurses and other members of the health care team to develop optimal cardiopulmonary care plans for patients. Performs patient assessments, evaluates the appropriateness and effectiveness of therapy, and determines which respiratory care activities can be delegated to other care team members. Instructs employees and students in the principles and practices of designated respiratory care procedures/tasks and evaluates their competence. May function as an in-charge therapist and preceptor, as requested.
1. Graduation from an AMA/CoARC approved Respiratory Care program. Associates degree in Science, Allied Health or equivalent, or the equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
2. Registration (RRT) by the National Board of Respiratory Care (NBRC).
3. BCLS certification required. ACLS certification preferred.
4. Licensure to practice as a Respiratory Therapist in the State of Michigan.
1. Skills necessary to evaluate patient conditions and operate all respiratory therapy and bedside pulmonary function equipment.
2. Skills necessary to calculate and regulate respiratory therapy modalities.
3. Interpersonal skills necessary to effectively communicate with patients and medical, nursing and professional staff to explain procedures and elicit cooperation.
4. Physical stamina necessary for frequent standing, walking, and lifting and positioning of patients.
5. Observational skills to judge changes in patient's condition and assess emergency situations.
6. Knowledge of regulatory standards associated with the field of Respiratory Care in the hospital (e.g., OSHA, MIOSHA, CAP, JCAHO, NFPA, ATS, CLIA, etc.).
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or
employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin,
age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will
make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities
unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.
Jobs for You
- Pediatric Registered Respiratory Therapist Days PT Job ID: 2105036569 Date posted: 10/22/2021 Facility: DMC Children's Hospital of Michigan
- Pediatric Registered Respiratory Therapist Nights PT Job ID: 2005038834 Date posted: 10/22/2021 Facility: DMC Children's Hospital of Michigan
- Senior Physical Therapist Franklin Athletic Club Days FT Job ID: 2105040692 Date posted: 10/21/2021 Facility: DMC Rehabilitation Institute of Michigan
Tenet - A Community
Built on Care.
Across the country, the Tenet family includes 110,000 employees working in more than 65 hospitals and over 475 outpatient centers. We’re all focused on delivering the right care in the right place at the right time.
At Tenet, the impact of our work spreads far and deep across the many dimensions of healthcare that we touch. Every day, our employees and physicians foster a compassionate environment for care and healing in the communities we serve. We take pride in what we do, we are passionate about our chosen path, and we take seriously the true privilege we have in serving others as a Community Built on Care.Learn About Opportunities Across Tenet