Search Open Positions
Registered Respiratory Therapist Midnight FT
DMC Detroit Receiving Hospital, Michigan’s first Level I Trauma Center, helped pioneer the evolution of emergency medicine and currently has one of the busiest and most well-equipped emergency departments anywhere. The first and largest verified burn center in the state is at Receiving, and it is one of only 43 in the nation. Receiving also offers the state’s leading 24/7 hyperbaric oxygen program, Metro Detroit’s first certified primary stroke center, and the nationally recognized and accredited DMC Rosa Parks Geriatric Center of Excellence.
Up to $10K Sign On depending on years of relevant experience
Under general supervision and according to established policies and procedures, acts as a professional member of the health care team by providing respiratory therapy services throughout the continuum of care. Provides therapeutic and rehabilitative procedures and diagnostic tests for patients with, or at risk of, abnormalities of the cardiopulmonary system. Collaborates with physicians, nurses and other members of the health care team to develop optimal cardiopulmonary care plans for patients. Performs patient assessments, evaluates the appropriateness and effectiveness of therapy, and determines which respiratory care activities can be delegated to other care team members. Instructs employees and students in the principles and practices of designated respiratory care procedures/tasks and evaluates their competence. May function as an in-charge therapist and preceptor, as requested.
1. Graduation from an AMA/CoARC approved Respiratory Care program. Associates degree in Science, Allied Health or equivalent, or the equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
2. Registration (RRT) by the National Board of Respiratory Care (NBRC).
3. BCLS certification required. ACLS certification preferred.
4. Licensure to practice as a Respiratory Therapist in the State of Michigan.
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or
employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin,
age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will
make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities
unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.
Jobs for You
- Pediatric Registered Respiratory Therapist Days PT Job ID: 2105036569 Date posted: 10/22/2021 Facility: DMC Children's Hospital of Michigan
- Pediatric Registered Respiratory Therapist Nights PT Job ID: 2005038834 Date posted: 10/22/2021 Facility: DMC Children's Hospital of Michigan
- Senior Physical Therapist Franklin Athletic Club Days FT Job ID: 2105040692 Date posted: 10/21/2021 Facility: DMC Rehabilitation Institute of Michigan
Tenet - A Community
Built on Care.
Across the country, the Tenet family includes 110,000 employees working in more than 65 hospitals and over 475 outpatient centers. We’re all focused on delivering the right care in the right place at the right time.
At Tenet, the impact of our work spreads far and deep across the many dimensions of healthcare that we touch. Every day, our employees and physicians foster a compassionate environment for care and healing in the communities we serve. We take pride in what we do, we are passionate about our chosen path, and we take seriously the true privilege we have in serving others as a Community Built on Care.Learn About Opportunities Across Tenet