Search Open Positions
Regulatory Compliance Director
DMC Harper University Hospital has distinguished itself in surgery and medicine and is known for its clinical expertise and innovative research. A specialty referral hospital, Harper has established Centers of Excellence in neurosciences, bariatric surgery, vascular services, multidisciplinary cardiovascular services, hypertension, stroke prevention and heart failure.
In association with the Director, Quality and Patient Safety, and according to established policies and procedures, manages regulatory compliance and improvement at assigned hospital site(s). Responsible for on-going hospital readiness for accreditation. Collaborates to identify regulatory compliance improvement opportunities/priorities, develop regulatory compliance plans and follow through on implementation of plans to ensure accreditation and regulatory requirements are met. In collaboration with system regulatory leadership ensures audits and action plans, recommendations for improvement and updates are provided to regulatory governing bodies as deemed. Provides leadership and education to departments regarding regulatory compliance, process/performance measurements, monitoring and evaluation. Collaborates with Occupational Health Services on a variety of functions including recommended immunizations and policies and procedures related to regulator mandates and infection control. Develops, monitors and revises functional processes in accordance with goals and objectives. Develops current to intermediate goals and measures for the department. Measures and assesses performance. Monitors activities for and ensures compliance with laws and government regulations. Responsible for DMC and Tenet policies, as well as JC (Joint Commission) coordination and follow-up. As directed, implements external and internal audit recommendations. Ensures hospital departments achieve objectives for diversity of their suppliers.
1. Bachelor's degree in Public Health, Health Care Administration, Operations Analysis, clinical or other related field, or the equivalent combination of education and/or experience. Master's degree in a related field preferred.
2. Three years of progressively more responsible related experience in an acute care facility including direct involvement with senior management, physicians and outside entities regarding compliance or other impactful issues.
3. Licensed to practice as a Registered Nurse in the State of Michigan preferred.
4. Experience in the use of personal computers as well as knowledge of statistical or spreadsheet software tools.
1. Analytical ability to serve in an advisory/consultative role in determining and/or developing strategies, policies, processes, protocols and methods, frequently in the absence of guidelines or technical assistance, and to evaluate and direct complex systems that foster innovative approaches to procedures/processes on a system-wide basis.
2. Communication and interpersonal skills for frequent contact with internal customers as well as stakeholders external to the DMC to persuade or negotiate on a wide range of subjects in situations which may be controversial, sensitive and/or lead to confrontation. A mastery of a variety of communication modalities is required to include leading meetings, making formal presentations, and writing complex documents and managing complex relationships over time.
3. Project management skills including the ability to define program, project, or process objectives, identify stakeholders and their interests, plan steps, coordinate and allocate human, technological and fiscal resources to accomplish goals and objectives in a resourceful yet timely manner.
4. Leadership skills including demonstrated willingness to pursue leadership roles with increasing levels of accountability, comfort with decision-making responsibilities, coaching, teaching and counseling skills, and the ability to inspire and build confidence in others and to forge alliances and garner support.
5. Technical knowledge of regulatory standards and performance improvement principles.
6. Knowledge of word processing/spreadsheet applications and database management systems.
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or
employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin,
age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will
make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities
unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.
Jobs for You
- RN Med Surg Observation Nights FT Job ID: 2105046720 Date posted: 01/13/2022 Facility: DMC Sinai-Grace Hospital
- RN OR Rotating Shift FT Job ID: 2205002909 Date posted: 01/26/2022 Facility: DMC Sinai-Grace Hospital
- RN Post Anesthesia Rotating Shift FT Job ID: 2205002328 Date posted: 01/26/2022 Facility: DMC Sinai-Grace Hospital
Tenet - A Community
Built on Care.
Across the country, the Tenet family includes 110,000 employees working in more than 65 hospitals and over 475 outpatient centers. We’re all focused on delivering the right care in the right place at the right time.
At Tenet, the impact of our work spreads far and deep across the many dimensions of healthcare that we touch. Every day, our employees and physicians foster a compassionate environment for care and healing in the communities we serve. We take pride in what we do, we are passionate about our chosen path, and we take seriously the true privilege we have in serving others as a Community Built on Care.Learn About Opportunities Across Tenet