Search Open Positions
Research Assistant Days FT
The Detroit Medical Center (DMC) is a nationally recognized health care system that serves patients and families throughout Michigan and beyond. A premier healthcare resource, our mission is to help people live happier, healthier lives. The hospitals of the Detroit Medical Center are the Children's Hospital of Michigan, Detroit Receiving Hospital, Harper University Hospital, Hutzel Women's Hospital, the DMC Heart Hospital, Huron Valley-Sinai Hospital, the Rehabilitation Institute of Michigan and Sinai-Grace Hospital.
DMC's 150-year legacy of medical excellence and service provides patients and families world-class care in cardiovascular health, women's services, neurosciences, stroke treatment, orthopedics, pediatrics, rehabilitation, organ transplant and other general and specialty services.
DMC is a key partner in Detroit's resurgence, which continues to draw national and international attention. A dedicated corporate citizen with strong community ties, DMC is one of the largest and most diverse employers in Southeast Michigan.
Under limited direction, contributes in the development, conduct and submission of independent clinical and/or laboratory research, quality improvement projects, grant support and/or sponsorship to external funding agencies. Provides program administration support to help achieve accreditation requirements.
1. Collaborates with faculty and residents to stimulate scholarly productivity of faculty and residents.
2. Assist multidisciplinary team in research activities.
3. Assure all study requirements are documented and meet both internal and external regulations in accordance with protocol guidelines.
4. Schedule and participate in monitoring visits and participate in multidisciplinary team program meetings as required.
5. Coordinate/participate in the Institute Review Board (IRB) process for new protocol submissions, amendments, renewals, revisions, adverse events, and final reports.
6. May take a leadership role in studies.
7. Assists on the development and implementation of quantitative measurement systems for clinical and/or laboratory use.
8. Assists with and participates in special projects focusing on various aspects of specialty.
9. Prepares detailed reports and/or abstracts and participates in presentations.
10. Track scholarly activity projects for the program in residency management system.
11. Assists leadership with day-to-day personnel and administrative support services of the department. Assists in scheduling, communications and preparing reports, conduct documentation reviews for errors and discrepancies, and media for meetings and conferences.
12. Assists with program communication and compliance with accrediting body requirements and remain informed on updates from the accrediting body. Assists with the program’s annual update and annual program evaluation, as required by the program’s accrediting body.
13. Maintain resident files in compliance with the institution’s policy. Assists program leadership with meeting resident case/patient/procedure logging requirements necessary for accreditation and specialty board certification.
14. Assists with onboarding activities for residents and medical students.
15. Prepare, distribute, report, and manage evaluations for the program, including residents and faculty.
16. Orders catering, supplies and lab coats, and other supplies for residents, as needed, and prepare disbursement orders for material purchasing.
17. Distributes supplies to residents.
18. Prepares meeting agenda, takes and distributes minutes for various Medical Education Committee Meetings.
19. Assists the Program Director in implementation of requirements for resident training programs in compliance with the program’s accrediting body and arranges site visits by various institutions. Maintains a working knowledge of student and resident requirements and department/site resources.
20. As needed, assumes overall responsibility for the efficient operation of the department in supervisor’s absence.
21. Submit resident reimbursements, as needed.
22. Serve as a liaison between the GME Office Leadership and program.
23. Other duties as assigned.
1. Bachelor's degree. Master’s degree preferred.
2. Two years prior research experience in area of research focus.
3. Three to four years of progressively more responsible related administrative experience.
4. Basic understanding of regulatory guidelines.
5. Ability to utilize computer software to access and input data.
6. Education in medical and/or science experience/education.
7. Excellent written and interpersonal skills to effectively deal with patients, clinicians, administrators, regulators, monitors and sponsors
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or
employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin,
age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will
make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities
unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.
Jobs for You
- Security Officer I Afternoons FT Job ID: 2305002534-1 Date posted: 09/11/2023 Facility: DMC Children's Hospital of Michigan
- Receptionist Days FT Job ID: 2305002519-1 Date posted: 09/22/2023 Facility: DMC Harper University/Hutzel Women's Hospital
- Security Officer I Days FT Job ID: 2305002318-1 Date posted: 09/22/2023 Facility: DMC Children's Hospital of Michigan
Tenet - A Community
Built on Care.
Across the country, the Tenet family includes 110,000 employees working in more than 65 hospitals and over 475 outpatient centers. We’re all focused on delivering the right care in the right place at the right time.
At Tenet, the impact of our work spreads far and deep across the many dimensions of healthcare that we touch. Every day, our employees and physicians foster a compassionate environment for care and healing in the communities we serve. We take pride in what we do, we are passionate about our chosen path, and we take seriously the true privilege we have in serving others as a Community Built on Care.Learn About Opportunities Across Tenet