Search Open Positions
Residency Program Coordinator Days PT
The Detroit Medical Center (DMC) is a nationally recognized health care system that serves patients and families throughout Michigan and beyond. A premier healthcare resource, our mission is to help people live happier, healthier lives. The hospitals of the Detroit Medical Center are the Children's Hospital of Michigan, Detroit Receiving Hospital, Harper University Hospital, Hutzel Women's Hospital, the DMC Heart Hospital, Huron Valley-Sinai Hospital, the Rehabilitation Institute of Michigan and Sinai-Grace Hospital.
DMC's 150-year legacy of medical excellence and service provides patients and families world-class care in cardiovascular health, women's services, neurosciences, stroke treatment, orthopedics, pediatrics, rehabilitation, organ transplant and other general and specialty services.
DMC is a key partner in Detroit's resurgence, which continues to draw national and international attention. A dedicated corporate citizen with strong community ties, DMC is one of the largest and most diverse employers in Southeast Michigan.
Summary / Description
Under limited supervision, provides a high level of diversified administrative support in assisting the Graduate Medical Education (GME) Office in the management and direction of the residency training program. Coordinates the educational activities of the program for incoming and current residents. Assures program compliance with regulatory agency standards and maintains essential documents required for program viability. Functions as liaison between the GME office, residents, departments, attending physicians, administration, outside institutions and Program Director(s)
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES:
1.Assists leadership with day-to-day personnel and administrative support services of the department. Assists in scheduling, communications and preparing reports, documents and media for meetings and conferences. Resolves problems and refers problems of an unusual nature to direct supervisor.
2.Maintains and oversees time and attendance records for residents and other healthcare personnel as needed.
3.Prepares, copies and distributes house staff rotation schedules, call schedules and lecture schedules. May prepare agendas and minutes for department meetings, schedule meeting rooms, set up iTV/Videoconferences and webinars, organize materials for resident/student orientation, update resident information files, and enter data into database.
4. May prepare and approve book/travel requests and special request orders.
5. Recruits potential residents via the following methods: campaign planning, application process and review, scheduling and coordinating interviews, establishing and maintaining data files for use in preparation of rank list for match, corresponding with candidates. Assists with preparation of applications and inspection materials.
6.Prepares agenda, takes and distributes minutes for various Medical Education Committee Meetings.
7.Coordinates rotation, vacation and call schedules.
8.Supervises collection of data fulfilling American Osteopathic Association and other licensing and credentialing boards; prepares reports and compiles statistics.
9.Verifies training and processes letters of recommendation for current residents as well as past residents; prepares correspondence relative to program.
10. May plan and organize resident graduation which involves securing facility, identifying menu, generating invitations and developing graduation program.
11.Coordinates monthly didactic schedule, which includes identifying speakers, assisting with presentations and frequently communicating with attending physicians. Collects lecture evaluations and prepares summary reports, maintains lecture attendance records and documentation, corresponds with program faculty.
12. Conducts and manages evaluations.
13. May review budget analysis for accuracy.
14. Coordinates the annual review, preparation and signing of contracts for new and existing residents and program directors via submission of contracts for CME credit approval for physician.
15. Tracks and maintains documentation of compliance requests for residents such as BLS, HIPAA, OSHA, immunization records and personal health and malpractice insurance to assure confidentially and compliance.
16. Develops and maintains resident tracking software and maintains current data such as evaluations, examinations, schedules, procedure logs and conference attendance, and so forth.
17.Assists the Program Director in implementation of goals and requirements for resident training programs in compliance with the American Osteopathic Association's and Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education Training Requirements and arranges site visits by various institutions. Maintains a working knowledge of student and resident requirements and department/site resources.
18.May develop medical student rotation schedules, coordinates visiting medical student rotations and collects student evaluations. Corresponds with Michigan State University College of Osteopathic Medicine and Wayne State University School of Medicine as needed.
19.Orders supplies and lab coats as needed, and prepare disbursement orders for material purchasing.
20. As needed, assumes overall responsibility for the efficient operation of the department in supervisor's absence.
1. Associate's degree in Business Administration or related field or the equivalent combination of education and/or experience. Bachelor's degree in Business, Education, Psychology, Human Resources or Health Care Administration preferred.
2. Three to four years of progressively more responsible related administrative experience.
3. Minimum two years experience in medical education work environment strongly preferred
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or
employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin,
age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will
make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities
unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.
Jobs for You
- Patient Access Representative II Days FT Job ID: 2205023887 Date posted: 06/24/2022 Facility: DMC Rehabilitation Institute of Michigan
- Boarding Clerk Days FT Job ID: 2205008309 Date posted: 06/23/2022 Facility: DMC Receiving Hospital
- Patient Access Representative II Days Contingent Job ID: 2205023510 Date posted: 06/23/2022 Facility: DMC Rehabilitation Institute of Michigan
Tenet - A Community
Built on Care.
Across the country, the Tenet family includes 110,000 employees working in more than 65 hospitals and over 475 outpatient centers. We’re all focused on delivering the right care in the right place at the right time.
At Tenet, the impact of our work spreads far and deep across the many dimensions of healthcare that we touch. Every day, our employees and physicians foster a compassionate environment for care and healing in the communities we serve. We take pride in what we do, we are passionate about our chosen path, and we take seriously the true privilege we have in serving others as a Community Built on Care.Learn About Opportunities Across Tenet