Search Open Positions
Respiratory Care Associate Days Contingent
Children’s Hospital of Michigan is an international leader in pediatric and adolescent medicine. Surgical services include general, thoracic, reconstructive and cardiovascular. Imaging technology designed specifically for children provides advanced diagnostic services including Positron Emission Tomography (PET) and MRI. The Children’s Hospital of Michigan Emergency Department is a verified Level 1 Pediatric Trauma Center and dedicated pediatric burn center. Experts in pediatric critical care, rehabilitation, and neonatal and perinatal medicine provide care for thousands of children every year at Children’s Hospital of Michigan, Children’s Hospital of Michigan - Troy and six ambulatory sites.
Administers respiratory care under the direct supervision of Licensed Respiratory Therapist.
- Administers prescribed doses of medical gases and aerosolized drugs to patients and uses oxygen mixtures in conjunction with therapeutic respiratory therapy equipment.
- Performs blood gas analysis and maintenance on analyzers and provides/monitors routine oxygen therapy.
- Operates, calibrates, processes and maintains respiratory equipment. Sets up and administers therapeutic treatments.
- Performs patient care rounds, and interacts with the Respiratory Case Manager and/or Senior Respiratory Therapist in the development of the patients respiratory care plan.
- Performs patient transports. Educates patient, as needed, regarding the use of equipment.
1. Successful completion of one year of an AMA/CoARC approved Respiratory Care program. OR High School diploma/GED with OJT for minimum of ten years. OR Associates degree in science.
2. BLS certification required.
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or
employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin,
age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will
make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities
unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.
Jobs for You
- Respiratory-ECMO Specialist Nights FT Job ID: 2305001360-1 Date posted: 06/06/2023 Facility: DMC Children's Hospital of Michigan
- Registered Respiratory Therapist Nights Contingent Job ID: 2305000515-3 Date posted: 06/06/2023 Facility: DMC Children's Hospital of Michigan
- Occupational Therapist Days FT Sign on Bonus available Job ID: 2305001270-1 Date posted: 05/24/2023 Facility: DMC Sinai-Grace Hospital
Tenet - A Community
Built on Care.
Across the country, the Tenet family includes 110,000 employees working in more than 65 hospitals and over 475 outpatient centers. We’re all focused on delivering the right care in the right place at the right time.
At Tenet, the impact of our work spreads far and deep across the many dimensions of healthcare that we touch. Every day, our employees and physicians foster a compassionate environment for care and healing in the communities we serve. We take pride in what we do, we are passionate about our chosen path, and we take seriously the true privilege we have in serving others as a Community Built on Care.Learn About Opportunities Across Tenet