Search Open Positions
Respiratory Care Intern I Rotating Shift Contingent
Sinai-Grace Hospital is DMC’s largest hospital, offering a comprehensive heart center, cancer care, gerontology, emergency medicine, obstetrics/gynecology and cosmetic services. Sinai-Grace’s joint replacement program features a revolutionary minimally invasive knee and hip replacement surgery that attracts patients from all over the country. Sinai-Grace operates more than 21 outpatient care sites and ambulatory surgery centers throughout Wayne and Oakland Counties and is one of 10 hospitals in the nation to be awarded a Robert Wood Johnson Foundation grant to help set the standards of cardiac care for hospitals and physicians throughout the nation.
Under the general supervision of the department manager or other Licensed Respiratory Therapist, assists in the administration of prescribed doses of medical gases and the set-up and administration of therapeutic treatment and aerosolized drugs to patients. Uses oxygen mixtures in conjunction with therapeutic respiratory therapy equipment. Performs patient care rounds per policy. Provides and monitors routine oxygen therapy, non-critical patient transports and patient education, as needed. Operates, calibrates, processes and maintains respiratory equipment. Provides airway management and CPR.
1. Actively enrolled in, and in good standing with, an AMA/CoARC approved Respiratory Care Program. Successful completion of one semester of the AMA/CoARC approved Respiratory Care Program.
2. Letter of recommendation from clinical/program director(s) confirming passing status in all program courses.
3. High school diploma/GED.
4. BLS Certification required.
1. Analytical ability to gather patient care data as it pertains to respiratory care.
2. Interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with patients and all levels of hospital staff, explaining procedures and eliciting cooperation. Diplomacy, tact and listening skills are required.
3. Observational skills necessary to monitor changes in patient’s condition and emergency situations.
4. The ability to read and comprehend procedures and technical literature in Respiratory Care is necessary.
5. Ability to operate/troubleshoot all non- critical respiratory care equipment.
6. Knowledge of regulatory standards associated with the field of Respiratory Care in the hospital (e.g., OSHA, MIOSHA, CAP, JCAHO, NFPA, ATS, CLIA, etc.).
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or
employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin,
age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will
make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities
unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.
Jobs for You
- RN Med Surg Days FT Job ID: 2105000632 Date posted: 09/15/2021 Facility: DMC Receiving Hospital
- Manager Patient Services Perioperative $10K Sign on Job ID: 2105012417 Date posted: 10/22/2021 Facility: DMC Sinai-Grace Hospital
- Pediatric Registered Respiratory Therapist Days PT Job ID: 2105036569 Date posted: 10/22/2021 Facility: DMC Children's Hospital of Michigan
Tenet - A Community
Built on Care.
Across the country, the Tenet family includes 110,000 employees working in more than 65 hospitals and over 475 outpatient centers. We’re all focused on delivering the right care in the right place at the right time.
At Tenet, the impact of our work spreads far and deep across the many dimensions of healthcare that we touch. Every day, our employees and physicians foster a compassionate environment for care and healing in the communities we serve. We take pride in what we do, we are passionate about our chosen path, and we take seriously the true privilege we have in serving others as a Community Built on Care.Learn About Opportunities Across Tenet