Search Open Positions
RN Med Surg Days PT
We know it takes a special person to be a nurse, and we are committed to providing our nurses with an enriching and rewarding environment. We provide the resources, tools and support our employees need to serve our patients and customers in the best way possible — so we can provide the right care, in the right place, at the right time, and do so with compassion.
- No travel
What makes a successful Nurse at our
Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Critical thinker
“I feel like I'm rewarded in many ways. Just the time that I get to share with patients and learn who they are - I feel like that's a gift to me.”- Elizabeth Vernon, RN
- Paid Time Off
Up to $2K Sign On for fresh grads, Up to $3K for experienced nurses (depending on experience)
DMC Harper University Hospital has distinguished itself in surgery and medicine and is known for its clinical expertise and innovative research. A specialty referral hospital, Harper has established Centers of Excellence in neurosciences, bariatric surgery, vascular services, multidisciplinary cardiovascular services, hypertension, stroke prevention and heart failure.
The Detroit Medical Center (DMC) Registered Nurse (RN) is a member of the Patient Care Services Team, and is responsible for the satisfactory completion of nursing care by the nursing team. The RN manages and provides patient care activities for a group of patients and their families through application of independent judgment, communication and collaboration with all team members including ancillary and support services. The role of the Registered Nurse at the DMC encompasses leadership, partnership, collaboration, teaching and supervision.
The DMC RN:
• Establishes and maintains collaborative relationships with physicians and other health care providers
• Delegates, assesses, provides and evaluates patient care
• Provides and delegates patient care activities to team members
• Monitors patient progress and prepares patient for discharge
• Reports directly to senior unit management and participates in shared decision-making activities
1. Graduation from a school of nursing required.
2. BSN preferred.
3. Licensed to practice as a Registered Nurse (RN) in the state of Michigan required.
4. American Heart Association (AHA) BLS required.