Search Open Positions
RN Postpartum Rotating Shifts FT
We know it takes a special person to be a nurse, and we are committed to providing our nurses with an enriching and rewarding environment. We provide the resources, tools and support our employees need to serve our patients and customers in the best way possible — so we can provide the right care, in the right place, at the right time, and do so with compassion.
- No travel
What makes a successful Nurse at our
Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Critical thinker
- Paid Time Off
**Up to $10,000 Sign on Bonus, based on amount of relevant experience**
DMC Hutzel Women’s Hospital is nationally recognized for cutting-edge research in high-risk obstetrics, infertility, reproductive genetics, neonatology, maternal fetal medicine, midwifery, gynecology, urogynecology, menopause, permanent birth control and alternatives to hysterectomy. With a rich history of more than 150 years as Michigan’s first hospital for women, patients benefit from Hutzel’s commitment to research and education. Home to the Perinatology Research Branch of the Eunice Kennedy Shriver National Institute for Child Health and Human Development (NICHD), National Institutes of Health (NIH), Hutzel is recognized as a leader in women’s health by physicians and researchers across the country.
The Detroit Medical Center (DMC) Registered Nurse (RN) is a member of the Patient Care Services Team, and is responsible for the satisfactory completion of nursing care by the nursing team. The RN manages and provides patient care activities for a group of patients and their families through application of independent judgment, communication and collaboration with all team members including ancillary and support services. The role of the Registered Nurse at the DMC encompasses leadership, partnership, collaboration, teaching and supervision.
The DMC RN:
• Establishes and maintains collaborative relationships with physicians and other health care providers
• Delegates, assesses, provides and evaluates patient care
• Provides and delegates patient care activities to team members
• Monitors patient progress and prepares patient for discharge
• Reports directly to senior unit management and participates in shared decision-making activities
1. Graduation from a school of nursing required.
2. BSN preferred.
3. Licensed to practice as a Registered Nurse (RN) in the state of Michigan required.
4. American Heart Association (AHA) BLS required.