Search Open Positions
Safety Director Days FT
DMC Harper University Hospital has distinguished itself in surgery and medicine and is known for its clinical expertise and innovative research. A specialty referral hospital, Harper has established Centers of Excellence in neurosciences, bariatric surgery, vascular services, multidisciplinary cardiovascular services, hypertension, stroke prevention and heart failure.
Directs, develops, implements, maintains and evaluates a comprehensive Environmental, Safety, Regulatory Compliance and Emergency preparedness program for the Environment of Care (EC) program in one or more operating units and multiple ambulatory locations in accordance with all local, state and federal safety codes and standards. Serves as the Site Environmental Management Representative for the ISO 14001 program.
- Provides technical support to Directors/Managers of site departments in addressing hazards and implementation of controls that will provide for a safe working environment.
- Conducts inspections and maintains appropriate documentation to ensure compliance with various regulatory agencies and licensing bodies.
- Serves or chairs various EC committees and work groups on safety related issues.
- Develops policies, intervenes in situations that pose an immediate safety threat, reviews accident and incidents occurring to employees, patients, visitors and others, reviews accident/incident reports to ascertain cause, and serves as the sites authority in safety related areas.
- Acts as liaison in safety and environmental inspections with external regulatory agents. Manages federal emergency management grants.
- Provides direction to subordinate staff as required.
1. Bachelors of Science degree in safety management, occupational health and safety, industrial hygiene or related field, or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
2. Three to five years related experience, preferably in hospital operations, including experience related to the following: The JC, MIOSHA, DEQ, NFPA,CAP, CARF, CMS, Michigan Department of Community Health, and NIMS-ICS, City and State Fire Safety Regulations as well as local, state and federal regulating agencies. Safety Management, Fire Safety, Hazardous Material Management, ISO 14001, and local and regional Emergency Preparedness.
3. Qualification as a certified healthcare safety professional (CHSP) within three years of hire into the Safety Director job classification.
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or
employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin,
age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will
make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities
unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.
Jobs for You
- Access Specialist Troy Days PT Job ID: 2305001799-6 Date posted: 08/15/2023 Facility: DMC Children's Hospital of Michigan
- Patient Access Supervisor Rotating Shift FT Job ID: 2305003844-0 Date posted: 12/08/2023 Facility: DMC Children's Hospital of Michigan
- Business Operations Strategist Days FT Job ID: 2305003724-0 Date posted: 12/08/2023 Facility: DMC Children's Hospital of Michigan
Tenet - A Community
Built on Care.
Across the country, the Tenet family includes 110,000 employees working in more than 65 hospitals and over 475 outpatient centers. We’re all focused on delivering the right care in the right place at the right time.
At Tenet, the impact of our work spreads far and deep across the many dimensions of healthcare that we touch. Every day, our employees and physicians foster a compassionate environment for care and healing in the communities we serve. We take pride in what we do, we are passionate about our chosen path, and we take seriously the true privilege we have in serving others as a Community Built on Care.Learn About Opportunities Across Tenet