Search Open Positions
Security Officer II Afternoons FT
Children’s Hospital of Michigan is an international leader in pediatric and adolescent medicine. Surgical services include general, thoracic, reconstructive and cardiovascular. Imaging technology designed specifically for children provides advanced diagnostic services including Positron Emission Tomography (PET) and MRI. The Children’s Hospital of Michigan Emergency Department is a verified Level 1 Pediatric Trauma Center and dedicated pediatric burn center. Experts in pediatric critical care, rehabilitation, and neonatal and perinatal medicine provide care for thousands of children every year at Children’s Hospital of Michigan, Children’s Hospital of Michigan - Troy and six ambulatory sites.
Under general supervision and according to established policies and procedures, provides protection to hospital, patients, visitors, employees and their property. Performs duties where possessing a firearm is deemed necessary.
1. Presents a visible security presence in order to prevent the appearance of criminal opportunity. Performs patrols of assigned area; maintains awareness of environment and observes potential security risks, takes appropriate action to prevent or suppress activity contrary to hospital rules and regulations which is criminal and/or which poses a safety hazard to persons and/or property.
2. Performs duties where possessing a firearm is deemed necessary such as, armed escorts/transports, bank escorts, mobile patrols, etc.
3. Assists patients, guest and staff by providing general information. Provides access control by checking badges and passes and identification of persons entering the hospital to prevent entry of unauthorized persons into business and patient care areas. Checks packages being brought into or removed from hospital building and grounds.
4. Performs public service duties as needed (i.e., escorts patients, guests or employees; assists persons locked out of vehicles or rooms; opens or locks doors; provides battery boosts). Assists with restraints and lifting of patients as needed.
5. Investigates complaints regarding parking, safety and security matters, disorderly or suspicious persons, etc. Prepares reports documenting all significant events and investigations, crimes committed, lost or found property, safety hazards, repair requests, and the like.
6. Patrol parking lots and decks to maintain security. Ensures compliance with parking regulations and observes hazardous conditions when present. Directs traffic on hospital premises as required.
7. Monitors security and fire equipment, such as alarms, cameras, control gates and the like. Answer telephones and provides information to public and hospital staff as needed.
8. Engages in opportunities for additional education and training in criminal law, first aid, defensive tactics and other topics relevant to security.
9. Assists in releasing bodies from morgue.
10. Responds to Emergency Codes in accordance with Hospital and/or Security Department policies.
11. Promotes the values of the DMC by demonstrating behaviors supportive of a commitment to quality, community welfare, respect and involvement, teamwork, open and effective communication, innovation and education and efficient and effective resource use.
1. High school diploma or equivalent and four (4) years experience in public law enforcement, military police or armed hospital security. OR
2. Minimum of two years college course work in criminal justice, security administration or related program, and (3) years experience in public law enforcement, military police or armed hospital security. OR
3. Completion of State of Michigan MCOLES certified police academy and (3) years experience in public law enforcement, military police or armed hospital security OR
4. Bachelors degree in criminal justice, security administration or related area with participation in security or law enforcement through an internship or volunteer work such as police reserve program.
5. Valid State of Michigan drivers license. Must be eligible for coverage as a driver of DMC vehicles by the DMC’s insurance carrier.
6. Successful completion of Public Act 330 certification program.
7. Concealed Weapons Permit (for guns) required.
1. Interpersonal skills, self confidence and physical conditioning necessary to confront and control potentially hostile persons with minimum risks of personal injury or disruption to hospital operation.
2. Analytical and observational ability to recognize suspicious behavior, criminal activity and potential safety hazards.
3. Verbal and written communication skills to compose complete, coherent and concise reports of events and investigations.
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or
employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin,
age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will
make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities
unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.
Jobs for You
- RN SICU FT MIDNIGHTS Job ID: 2105048678 Date posted: 11/29/2022 Facility: DMC Sinai-Grace Hospital
- RN SICU FT MIDNIGHTS Up to $25K Sign On Sinai-Grace Hospital Job ID: 2105037407 Date posted: 11/29/2022 Facility: DMC Sinai-Grace Hospital
- New Grad RN Orthopedic Surgery FT Midnights Job ID: 2105009157 Date posted: 11/29/2022 Facility: DMC Sinai-Grace Hospital
Tenet - A Community
Built on Care.
Across the country, the Tenet family includes 110,000 employees working in more than 65 hospitals and over 475 outpatient centers. We’re all focused on delivering the right care in the right place at the right time.
At Tenet, the impact of our work spreads far and deep across the many dimensions of healthcare that we touch. Every day, our employees and physicians foster a compassionate environment for care and healing in the communities we serve. We take pride in what we do, we are passionate about our chosen path, and we take seriously the true privilege we have in serving others as a Community Built on Care.Learn About Opportunities Across Tenet