Search Open Positions
Security Team Leader Afternoons FT
DMC Sinai-Grace Hospital is DMC’s largest hospital, offering a comprehensive heart center, cancer care, gerontology, emergency medicine, obstetrics/gynecology and cosmetic services. Sinai-Grace’s joint replacement program features a revolutionary minimally invasive knee and hip replacement surgery that attracts patients from all over the country. Sinai-Grace operates more than 21 outpatient care sites and ambulatory surgery centers throughout Wayne and Oakland Counties and is one of 10 hospitals in the nation to be awarded a Robert Wood Johnson Foundation grant to help set the standards of cardiac care for hospitals and physicians throughout the nation.
Under limited direction and according to established policies and procedures, provides protection to hospital, patients, visitors, employees and their property. Leads the security operations and staff on an assigned shift; prepares daily work assignments and maintains daily attendance records. Performs other duties as assigned.
1. Performs duties of a security officer in presenting a visible security presence in order to prevent the appearance of criminal opportunity. Performs duties where possessing a firearm is deemed necessary such as armed escorts, mobile patrols, etc; maintains awareness of environment and observes potential security risks, takes appropriate action to suppress activity contrary to hospital rules and regulations which is criminal and/or which poses a safety hazard to persons and/or property.
2. Performs public service duties as needed (i.e., escorts/transports patients, guests or employees; assists persons locked out of vehicles or rooms; opens or locks doors; provides battery boosts). Assists with restraint and lifting of patients.
3. Leads security operations and personnel on an assigned shift. Trains and counsels employees and monitors work quality and quantity. Reviews all security reports and other appropriate departmental correspondence; ensures that proper information is disseminated to staff. Investigates safety, security and parking problems.
4. Makes daily work assignments for employees on designated shift; maintains daily attendance records; performs any additional duties as assigned.
5. Provides input into annual performance evaluations of assigned staff. Recommends disciplinary action if appropriate.
6. Responds to fire alarms and assures initiation of appropriate fire control procedures when fire marshal is not available.
7. Creates a positive work environment and promotes the values of the DMC by demonstrating behaviors supportive of a commitment to quality, community welfare, respect and involvement, teamwork, open and effective communication, innovation, education and efficient and effective resource use.
8. Performs other related duties as assigned.
1. High school diploma or equivalent. Some college preferred.
2. One or more years of experience as a security officer II in a DMC security department or equivalent experience as a certified police officer.
3. Successful completion of Public Act 330 certification program or completion of a MCOLES certified academy.
4. Concealed weapons permit (for guns) required.
5. Must be eligible and remain eligible for coverage as a driver of hospital vehicles by the hospitals insurance carrier.
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or
employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin,
age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will
make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities
unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.
Jobs for You
- RN Cardiothoracic ICU Nights FT Up to $25,000 Sign on Job ID: 2105037796 Date posted: 09/23/2022 Facility: DMC Harper University/Hutzel Women's Hospital
- Licensed Practical Nurse Nights FT $5,000 Sign on Job ID: 2205035766 Date posted: 09/23/2022 Facility: DMC Sinai-Grace Hospital
- RN Cardiovascular ICU Nights Contingent Job ID: 2205034200 Date posted: 09/23/2022 Facility: DMC Harper University/Hutzel Women's Hospital
Tenet - A Community
Built on Care.
Across the country, the Tenet family includes 110,000 employees working in more than 65 hospitals and over 475 outpatient centers. We’re all focused on delivering the right care in the right place at the right time.
At Tenet, the impact of our work spreads far and deep across the many dimensions of healthcare that we touch. Every day, our employees and physicians foster a compassionate environment for care and healing in the communities we serve. We take pride in what we do, we are passionate about our chosen path, and we take seriously the true privilege we have in serving others as a Community Built on Care.Learn About Opportunities Across Tenet