Search Open Positions
Senior Nurse Clinical Auditor Days FT
We know it takes a special person to be a nurse, and we are committed to providing our nurses with an enriching and rewarding environment. We provide the resources, tools and support our employees need to serve our patients and customers in the best way possible — so we can provide the right care, in the right place, at the right time, and do so with compassion.
- No travel
What makes a successful Nurse at our
Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Critical thinker
- Paid Time Off
Children’s Hospital of Michigan is an international leader in pediatric and adolescent medicine. Surgical services include general, thoracic, reconstructive and cardiovascular. Imaging technology designed specifically for children provides advanced diagnostic services including Positron Emission Tomography (PET) and MRI. The Children’s Hospital of Michigan Emergency Department is a verified Level 1 Pediatric Trauma Center and dedicated pediatric burn center. Experts in pediatric critical care, rehabilitation, and neonatal and perinatal medicine provide care for thousands of children every year at Children’s Hospital of Michigan, Children’s Hospital of Michigan - Troy and six ambulatory sites.
Under limited direction and according to established policies and procedures conducts audits of hospital bills and medical records.
- Ensures documented charges are correctly billed and billed charges are documented in the medical record. Corrects billing errors in the Patient Accounting system and in some cases, the Cerner system.
- Identifies, reports and recommends actions to improve charge capture processes. Identifies new services and technology in the clinical setting and facilitates establishment of new charges.
- Conducts in-service training for hospital personnel to ensure understanding of the importance of effective charge capture and documentation of services performed.
- Conducts complex reviews of departmental processes which include registration, clinical activities, documentation and charge capture. Identifies opportunities to maximize billing in accordance with federal and state regulations.
- Safeguards the assets of the DMC, advocates appropriate levels of internal control and promotes operating effectiveness and efficiency.
- Defend the hospitals revenue through research, documentation and negotiation by participating in and acting as a content expert for the hospital in audits conducted by third parties including, but not limited to, Blue Cross Catastrophic audits; HOPP audits; MPRO audits and all commercial insurance audits.
- Provides both clinical and technical/billing expertise and acts as liaison and resource for user departments.
- Analyzes results, identifies trends and patterns and prepares monthly statistical and narrative reports for various levels of hospital and corporate management.
1.Bachelors Degree in Nursing.
2. Licensed Registered Nurse in the State of Michigan.
3. Three years of patient care experience in a hospital as a Registered Nurse, at least one of which should be in a critical patient care specialty area such as I.C.U., E.R. or O.R.
4. Charge audit or similar experience preferred.
5.One year experience as a Clinical Auditor.
1Benefits may vary slightly by location and role. Please ask your recruiter for more details.