Search Open Positions
Sleep Tech Sleep Disorders Lab Troy Nights FT Children's Hospital of Michigan
Under medical supervision, applies recording devices to patient, and independently performs, evaluates and monitors polysomnograms and operates medical equipment. Administers oxygen, bi-level and continuous positive airway pressure devices, and employs capnography in accordance with established protocols. Performs special procedures such as esophageal pressure manometry, sleep latency testing, vigilance testing, infant/pediatric polysomnography, and ambulatory monitoring. Independently recognizes and responds to sleep pathology with appropriate interventions to ensure patient safety. Independently scores sleep studies according to accepted standards. Teaches, monitors, assists Polysomnographic Trainees and Technicians develop scoring skills and proficiencies. Generates reports of all clinical events, examines records and identifies normal/abnormal sleep patterns and stages. Provides sleep education to laboratory and/or clinic patients. Serves as clinical resource for professional and technical staff. May participate in research. May participate in new employee orientation.
1. Michigan licensure as a NBRC Registered Respiratory Therapist, ABRET Registered EEG Technologist or BRPT Registered Polysomnographic Technologist or the equivalent is required.
2. Two (2) years experience performing clinical polysomnography is preferred.
3. BCLS certification required. ACLS certification preferred.]
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or
employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin,
age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will
make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities
unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.
Jobs for You
- Manager Blood Banks Operations Days FT University Laboratories Job ID: 2105026696 Date posted: 07/21/2021 Facility: DMC University Laboratories, Inc.
- Child Life Specialist Afternoons FT Children's Hospital of Michigan Job ID: 2105022099 Date posted: 07/27/2021 Facility: DMC Children's Hospital of Michigan
- Pediatric RN ER Nights FT Children's Hospital of Michigan Job ID: 2105023894 Date posted: 07/27/2021 Facility: DMC Children's Hospital of Michigan
Tenet - A Community
Built on Care.
Across the country, the Tenet family includes 110,000 employees working in more than 65 hospitals and over 475 outpatient centers. We’re all focused on delivering the right care in the right place at the right time.
At Tenet, the impact of our work spreads far and deep across the many dimensions of healthcare that we touch. Every day, our employees and physicians foster a compassionate environment for care and healing in the communities we serve. We take pride in what we do, we are passionate about our chosen path, and we take seriously the true privilege we have in serving others as a Community Built on Care.Learn About Opportunities Across Tenet