Search Open Positions
Student Nurse Associate ED Days Contingent
We know it takes a special person to be a nurse, and we are committed to providing our nurses with an enriching and rewarding environment. We provide the resources, tools and support our employees need to serve our patients and customers in the best way possible — so we can provide the right care, in the right place, at the right time, and do so with compassion.
- No travel
What makes a successful Nurse at our
Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Critical thinker
- Paid Time Off
DMC Harper University Hospital has distinguished itself in surgery and medicine and is known for its clinical expertise and innovative research. A specialty referral hospital, Harper has established Centers of Excellence in neurosciences, bariatric surgery, vascular services, multidisciplinary cardiovascular services, hypertension, stroke prevention and heart failure.
The Student Nurse Associate (SNA) is a member of the patient care services team with primary responsibilities for technical, multi-skilled direct and indirect patient care activities. The SNA is assigned to work under the supervision of a registered nurse who delegates tasks based upon patient needs and SNA skills and abilities. The SNA will report all deviations from expected patient parameters to the registered nurse. It is recognized that specific patient care tasks may vary widely in type and frequency from unit to unit or across service lines, based on the nature of the patient population being served. Therefore, individual units, or service lines, may appropriately add to or delete from the duties defined in the Student Nurse Associate job description when approved by nursing administration.
1. Collaborates and cooperates with care team members to ensure consistency and quality of care and promotes productive employee relations among staff members. Demonstrates an understanding of and commitment to the philosophy and objective of continuous improvement, team work and the mission, vision and values of the DMC, and adheres to the DMC Customer Service Standards.
2. Performs a variety of basic patient care activities under the direction of a registered nurse which may include, but are not limited to, performing designated respiratory procedures; maintenance locomotion; maintenance functional activities; dressing changes; performing ECG's; maintain enteral tubes; suctioning; blood glucose monitoring; assisting with post mortem care; etc. May perform phlebotomy, initiation of peripheral IV lines and urinary catheterization.
3. Assists the registered nurse by observing and reporting on patient conditions, recording/charting patient information and interacting with patient and family members. Reports changes in patient medical and/or emotional condition to the registered nurse. Documents interventions and patient responses according to policy. Assists nursing personnel in responding to various emergency patient situations.
4. Follows all departmental policies, procedures and objectives; continuous improvement initiatives; safety environmental and infection control standards.
5. Demonstrates sensitivity to patient comfort, privacy and confidentiality; expresses interest in patient progress. Provides information, answers questions from patients and their families and explains procedures and processes within the scope of their training/abilities. Maintains confidentiality.
6. Performs various support service duties as required to meet unit and patient care needs.
7. Enhances personal growth through participation in workshops, educational programs, in-service meetings and reviewing current literature. Shares joint accountability (with the institution) for maintaining competencies. 8. Performs other duties as assigned.
1. High school diploma or GED.
2. Currently enrolled, and in good standing, in an accredited school of nursing.
3. Completion of two clinical rotations with at least one in an adult or pediatric medical/surgical nursing environment.