Search Open Positions
Supervisor Health Access Center Days FT
The Detroit Medical Center (DMC) is a nationally recognized health care system that serves patients and families throughout Michigan and beyond. A premier healthcare resource, our mission is to help people live happier, healthier lives. The hospitals of the Detroit Medical Center are the Children's Hospital of Michigan, Detroit Receiving Hospital, Harper University Hospital, Hutzel Women's Hospital, the DMC Heart Hospital, Huron Valley-Sinai Hospital, the Rehabiltiation Institute of Michigan and Sinai-Grace Hospital.
DMC's 150-year legacy of medical excellence and service provides patients and families world-class care in cardiovascular health, women's services, neurosciences, stroke treatment, orthopaedics, peditatrics, rehabilitation, organ transplant and other general and specialty services.
DMC is a key partner in Detroit's resurgence, which continues to draw national and international attention. A dedicated corporate citizen with strong community ties, DMC is one of the largest and most diverse emloyers in Southeast Michigan.
Supervises activities associated with a variety of Health Access Center functions that may include any combination of Scheduling, Registration, Physician Referral, Event Registration, and/or Insurance verification. Supervises trains and oversees a staff of support personnel responsible for providing Call Center services for the DMC. Supervises, monitors, and oversees telephone operators responsible for providing professional and accurate responses in handling calls from the general public, internal departments, and patients. Monitors established policies and procedures governing registration and insurance verification. Assures accurate input of insurance and demographic information. Maintains scheduling template application in scheduling software application, as well as Class, Screening, and Physician Profile updates in Referral software. Trains new Call Center Advisors on departmental policies and procedures; provides on-going training and support, as required, based on formal and informal observations. Conducts needs-assessments including online monitoring. Facilitates the delivery of training to call center staff. Collects and assesses feedback on training experiences. Develops recurrent training programs based on input from supervisory staff and call center advisors, as needed. Ensures adequate coverage of the phones during high volume periods and lunch coverage and suspends web activity, if necessary, during high-stress periods. Monitors agent performance according to specific guidelines and implements action to address performance gaps. Interacts with staff, all levels of DMC personnel, and various external contacts regularly to provide assistance and/or handle concerns or problems. Prepares and analyzes departmental and individual Call Center Advisor performance and call volume reports from call processing system to verify that benchmarks and high level service is maintained. As directed, drafts policy provisions for leadership review and provides first-level interpretation of department policies. Identifies the need for and drafts or defines procedures/protocols in collaboration with higher management input, goals and objectives; modifies procedures/protocols, as necessary. Monitors the quality and quantity of work flow to ensure work is completed. Initiates or recommends personnel actions such as hires, terminations, disciplines, etc. Completes performance appraisals. Assists in the development of daily, monthly, and/or yearly goals and measures for department and, as requested, assists in assessment of goal attainment. Assists in developing and monitoring budget for department. Leads other departmental access related projects as requested.
Monitors activities for and ensures compliance with laws, government regulations, Joint Commission requirements and DMC policies. As directed, implements external and internal audit recommendations. Ensures hospital departments achieve objectives for diversity of their suppliers.
1. Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or related field, or the equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
2. One to two years progressively more responsible related experience, including supervisory/leadership experience. Experience with payroll review and KRONOS preferred. Experience in call center/service center/access center preferred.
1. Analytical ability to define functional, unit or service procedures, to independently oversee the application of methods, guides, and processes, to apply sound judgment in choosing proper course of action among multiple options, to interpret policies, to assist in planning short to mid-range goals and determining measures, and to assess and monitor progress toward function/area goal attainment.
2. Communication and/or interpersonal skills for contact with internal and external customers/stakeholders to discuss and interpret technical information and department or function policy. Some discretion must be exercised in deciding what and how to communicate. Conflict resolution skills are exercised within the unit or function and occasionally on an interdepartmental or inter-functional basis. Diplomacy, tact and listening skills are required.
3. Project management skills including the ability to define program, project, or process objectives, identify stakeholders and their interests, plan steps, coordinate and allocate human technological and fiscal resources to accomplish goals and objectives in a resourceful yet timely manner.
4. Leadership skills including demonstrated willingness to pursue leadership roles with increasing levels of accountability comfort with decision-making responsibilities, coaching, teaching and counseling skills, and the ability to inspire and build confidence in others and to forge alliances and garner support.
5. Technical knowledge and proven competency in one or more of the assigned functions.
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or
employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin,
age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will
make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities
unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.
Jobs for You
- Unit Clerk Nights FT Job ID: 2105045852 Date posted: 12/07/2021 Facility: DMC Sinai-Grace Hospital
- Transporter Afternoons FT Job ID: 2105044762 Date posted: 12/07/2021 Facility: DMC Harper University/Hutzel Women's Hospital
- Transporter Afternoons FT Job ID: 2105045569 Date posted: 12/07/2021 Facility: DMC Receiving Hospital
Tenet - A Community
Built on Care.
Across the country, the Tenet family includes 110,000 employees working in more than 65 hospitals and over 475 outpatient centers. We’re all focused on delivering the right care in the right place at the right time.
At Tenet, the impact of our work spreads far and deep across the many dimensions of healthcare that we touch. Every day, our employees and physicians foster a compassionate environment for care and healing in the communities we serve. We take pride in what we do, we are passionate about our chosen path, and we take seriously the true privilege we have in serving others as a Community Built on Care.Learn About Opportunities Across Tenet