Search Open Positions
Surgical Technician OR Rotating Shift PT
DMC Sinai-Grace Hospital is DMC’s largest hospital, offering a comprehensive heart center, cancer care, gerontology, emergency medicine, obstetrics/gynecology and cosmetic services. Sinai-Grace’s joint replacement program features a revolutionary minimally invasive knee and hip replacement surgery that attracts patients from all over the country. Sinai-Grace operates more than 21 outpatient care sites and ambulatory surgery centers throughout Wayne and Oakland Counties and is one of 10 hospitals in the nation to be awarded a Robert Wood Johnson Foundation grant to help set the standards of cardiac care for hospitals and physicians throughout the nation.
Under direct supervision, and according to established policies and procedures, performs a variety of duties in the OR and related areas to assist the surgical team.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Scrubs on all types of operating procedures; handles surgical instruments, sutures & sponges; anticipates the needs of the surgeon, assisting as necessary. Maintains strict aseptic technique, assumes joint responsibility with the circulating nurse for ensuring that all are accounted for during and after the operation. Observes patient's condition while in the OR; reports any changes to the staff nurse and/or anesthesia.
2. Prepares for scheduled operative procedures, ensuring that necessary equipment, instruments and supplies are available and ready for use.
3. Maintains a clean and safe OR environment; cleans rooms and sterilizes equipment. Restocks OR with standard supplies and assists in updating surgical instrument sets. Maintains power equipment and specialty instrumentation within assigned specialty areas.
4. Assists in the transportation of patients to and from the OR; verifies patient identity; assists with lifting and positioning of patient for surgical procedures.
5. May assist as second circulator under the direction of a registered nurse. Prepares materials to be presented in dept in-service education programs as assigned. Assists in the trial and evaluation of new surgical products. Provides input to managers in developing new policies and procedures for the department. Participates on committees as assigned.
6. Performs other related duties as assigned.
1. High school diploma or equivalent and...
- Equivalent DMC surgical technician training program or...
- Equivalent combination of training and/or experience or...
- Successful completion of an accredited surgical technician program.
2. Certification by the Association of Surgical Technologists highly desirable.
3. One to two years experience as a surgical technician preferred.
1. Interpersonal skills necessary to work effectively and efficiently with nursing and medical staff in stressful and emergency situations.
2. Physical stamina for prolonged standing, walking, and lifting.
3. Manual dexterity and visual acuity including ability to see fine discriminate detail, to pass instruments, cut sutures, hold retractors, etc.
4. Knowledge of medical terminology and anatomy required.
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or
employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin,
age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will
make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities
unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.
Jobs for You
- Authorization Coordinator Days FT Job ID: 2205019341 Date posted: 05/24/2022 Facility: Detroit Medical Center Shared Services
- Residency Program Coordinator Days PT Job ID: 2205020183 Date posted: 05/24/2022 Facility: Detroit Medical Center Shared Services
- Surgical Technician FT $13,500 Sign-On Bonus Job ID: 2205016351 Date posted: 05/02/2022 Facility: DMC Harper University/Hutzel Women's Hospital
Tenet - A Community
Built on Care.
Across the country, the Tenet family includes 110,000 employees working in more than 65 hospitals and over 475 outpatient centers. We’re all focused on delivering the right care in the right place at the right time.
At Tenet, the impact of our work spreads far and deep across the many dimensions of healthcare that we touch. Every day, our employees and physicians foster a compassionate environment for care and healing in the communities we serve. We take pride in what we do, we are passionate about our chosen path, and we take seriously the true privilege we have in serving others as a Community Built on Care.Learn About Opportunities Across Tenet