Search Open Positions
Ultrasound Technologist Afternoons FT Sign on Bonus available
**Up to $15,000 Sign on Bonus, based on amount of relevant experience**
DMC Harper University Hospital has distinguished itself in surgery and medicine and is known for its clinical expertise and innovative research. A specialty referral hospital, Harper has established Centers of Excellence in neurosciences, bariatric surgery, vascular services, multidisciplinary cardiovascular services, hypertension, stroke prevention and heart failure.
Under general supervision and following established policies and procedures, performs diagnostic Ultrasound exams utilizing appropriate imaging equipment. Verifies patient identity and reviews patients medical record for appropriateness of exam or procedure.
- Interviews patient to obtain, verify or update medical history and assesses risk factors such as medications, pregnancy and/or psychological indicators.
- Explains procedure to patient, including side effects of pharmaceuticals administered, risks, benefits, alternatives and follow-up. Sets up equipment and acquires appropriate images as per script.
- Reviews images, makes initial observations, documents exceptions from established protocols and communicates data to radiologist.
- Recognizes and responds to medical emergencies as appropriate.
- Provides physician-prescribed post care instructions to patients.
- Participates in process improvement activities within radiology practice including but not limited to quality of care, patient flow, reject-repeat analysis and patient satisfaction.
- Provides imaging education to residents, student technologists and new employees.
- Able to take call/standby as required by the department.
1. Registered by the American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARMDS) or registered by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologist (ARRT) in Sonography (S).
2. Required to have or successfully complete American Heart Association (AHA) Basic Life Support Healthcare Provider (BLS) training by end of orientation period.
3. Registered in specialty within 12 months of employment in area of discipline.
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or
employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin,
age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will
make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities
unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.
Jobs for You
- RN Med Surg Nights FT Job ID: 2105006241-27 Date posted: 06/06/2023 Facility: DMC Harper University/Hutzel Women's Hospital
- Security Officer I Afternoons FT Job ID: 2205025079-11 Date posted: 06/07/2023 Facility: DMC Harper University/Hutzel Women's Hospital
- Security Officer I Afternoons FT Job ID: 2305000667-3 Date posted: 03/14/2023 Facility: DMC Children's Hospital of Michigan
Tenet - A Community
Built on Care.
Across the country, the Tenet family includes 110,000 employees working in more than 65 hospitals and over 475 outpatient centers. We’re all focused on delivering the right care in the right place at the right time.
At Tenet, the impact of our work spreads far and deep across the many dimensions of healthcare that we touch. Every day, our employees and physicians foster a compassionate environment for care and healing in the communities we serve. We take pride in what we do, we are passionate about our chosen path, and we take seriously the true privilege we have in serving others as a Community Built on Care.Learn About Opportunities Across Tenet