Search Open Positions
As a part of the Tenet and Catholic Health Initiatives family, Conifer Health brings 30 years of healthcare industry expertise to clients in more than 135 local regions nationwide. We help our clients strengthen their financial and clinical performance, serve their communities and succeed at the business of healthcare. Conifer Health helps organizations transition from volume to value-based care, enhance the consumer and patient healthcare experience and improve quality, cost and access to healthcare. Are you ready to be part of our solutions? Welcome to the company that gives you the resources and incentives to redefine healthcare services, with a competitive benefits package and leadership to take your career to the next step!
The Accountant III is responsible for all aspects required for preparation of financial statements and analysis for all assigned entities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Include the following. Others may be assigned.
- Preparation of monthly journal entries as assigned. Including posting and verification in the general ledger.
- Assists other departments in the verification of check tracers. Places stop payments were appropriate.
- Maintains general ledgers based on the company’s chart of accounts.
- Reviews, monitors, verifies and reconciles all monies deposited and disbursed for each assigned entity.
- Reviews and analyzes the Capitation Revenue, Membership, Specialty PMPM and all other management reports on a monthly basis. Reviews for operational issues and financial problems.
- Produces monthly financial statements for each assigned entity according to the schedule set. Ensures financials are available for review prior to meetings. The financial statement package will include Balance Sheet, Income Statement by product and cash flow statement.
- Maintains account analysis files and back-up for all balance sheet accounts monthly. This includes detailed IBNR analysis by product line.
- Understands what drives profitability of an IPA and takes action to analyze performance and suggests improvements.
- Responsible for maintaining proper accounting records, back up and reports in accordance with Tenet policies and procedures and generally accepted accounting principles.
- Maintains a solid working knowledge of all entities managed by CMS.
- Maintains and assists in developing effective controls to monitor the financial position of all managed entities.
- Serves as a liaison between the managed entities, physicians, CMS staff and Tenet.
- Assists all external and internal auditors including health plans, tax accountants and government agencies with document request lists.
- Responsible for assisting all external auditors as needed.
- Assists Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable and all Finance staff as needed. This includes claims payable processing as needed to cover for absences.
- Performs additional duties as assigned by the Controller and Chief Financial Officer.
- Maintains security, confidentiality and controls on all documents in the Finance department including, check stock, check back up and cancelled checks.
- Maintains and keeps in total confidence, all files, documents and records that pertain to the operation of business of Cap Management Systems.
- All other job related duties as it relates to the job function or as delegated by the management team.
Conifer requires its candidates, as applicable and as permitted by law, to obtain and provide confirmation of all required vaccinations and screenings prior to the start of employment. This may include, but is not limited to, the COVID-19 vaccination, influenza vaccination, and/or any future required vaccines and screenings.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
Include minimum education, technical training, and/or experience preferred to perform the job.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting or equivalent work experience required
- 3-5 years of experience as an Accountant.
- Proficient with computers and a familiarity of office software.
- 2-4 years Managed Care industry experience.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Light physical effort (lift up to 10lbs). Mostly sedentary work. Regularly needs to be able to bend, stoop and reach to file.
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or
employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin,
age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will
make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities
unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.
Jobs for You
- Provider Practice Representative Job ID: 2205024330 Date posted: 06/24/2022 Facility: Conifer Health Solutions
- Coding Analyst / Encino, Los Angeles (on-site) Job ID: 2105015016 Date posted: 08/03/2021 Facility: Conifer Health Solutions
- Provider Practice Director Job ID: 2205019546 Date posted: 05/18/2022 Facility: Conifer Health Solutions
Tenet - A Community
Built on Care.
Across the country, the Tenet family includes 110,000 employees working in more than 65 hospitals and over 475 outpatient centers. We’re all focused on delivering the right care in the right place at the right time.
At Tenet, the impact of our work spreads far and deep across the many dimensions of healthcare that we touch. Every day, our employees and physicians foster a compassionate environment for care and healing in the communities we serve. We take pride in what we do, we are passionate about our chosen path, and we take seriously the true privilege we have in serving others as a Community Built on Care.Learn About Opportunities Across Tenet