Search Open Positions
VBC Customer Service Representative I
As a part of the Tenet and Catholic Health Initiatives family, Conifer Health brings 30 years of healthcare industry expertise to clients in more than 135 local regions nationwide. We help our clients strengthen their financial and clinical performance, serve their communities and succeed at the business of healthcare. Conifer Health helps organizations transition from volume to value-based care, enhance the consumer and patient healthcare experience and improve quality, cost and access to healthcare. Are you ready to be part of our solutions? Welcome to the company that gives you the resources and incentives to redefine healthcare services, with a competitive benefits package and leadership to take your career to the next step!
Responsible for answering incoming calls from providers, health plan and members as they relate to eligibility, benefits, claims, coverage and authorization of services. This position will also problem-solve and explain programs and procedures to callers and will answer/address claim payment questions with providers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Include the following. Others may be assigned.
- Answering incoming phone calls via ACD phone system
- Retrieve Voice Mails
- Provide eligibility, benefits, claim and referral status depending on the queue on which they serve
- Assist in resolving issues for providers as they relate to claims, authorization and eligibility inquiries
Conifer requires its candidates, as applicable and as permitted by law, to obtain and provide confirmation of all required vaccinations and screenings prior to the start of employment activity. This may include, but is not limited to, the COVID-19 vaccination, influenza vaccination, and/or any future required vaccines and screenings.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- A strong sense of responsibility for providing a great customer experience
- Detail-oriented and highly-organized
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organization skills with ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritize work.
- Knowledge of CPT, ICD-10, HCPCS codes, HCFA1500 and UB04 billing forms.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
Include minimum education, technical training, and/or experience preferred to perform the job.
- 1-3 years of customer service experience in a call center and or health care environment preferred
- High school degree or equivalent required, Bachelor degree preferred
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to work in sitting position, use computer and answer telephone
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Office Work Environment
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or
employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin,
age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will
make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities
unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.
Jobs for You
- Manager, Client Network Management / Central CA (Fresno County) Job ID: 2105042631 Date posted: 11/11/2021 Facility: Conifer Health Solutions
- Director, Quality Improvement Strategy Job ID: 2105035914 Date posted: 01/12/2022 Facility: Conifer Health Solutions
- Customer Service Rep Job ID: 2105042633 Date posted: 11/17/2021 Facility: Conifer Health Solutions
Tenet - A Community
Built on Care.
Across the country, the Tenet family includes 110,000 employees working in more than 65 hospitals and over 475 outpatient centers. We’re all focused on delivering the right care in the right place at the right time.
At Tenet, the impact of our work spreads far and deep across the many dimensions of healthcare that we touch. Every day, our employees and physicians foster a compassionate environment for care and healing in the communities we serve. We take pride in what we do, we are passionate about our chosen path, and we take seriously the true privilege we have in serving others as a Community Built on Care.Learn About Opportunities Across Tenet