CARE COORDINATOR REP I SIERRA CAMPUS FT DAYS AT THE HOSPITALS OF PROVIDENCE
- Job ID 1905034213
- Date posted 09/04/2019
- Facility THOP Market Shared Services
The care coordinator will be responsible for assisting every patient that passes through the Emergency Department during his/her shift.
In addition to scheduling the patient s care before and during the ER discharge, the care coordinator will also serve as a point of contact inside the hospital for members of the affiliated provider network such as physician practices, nursing homes, and home health agencies.
The care coordinator will assist with coordinating referrals and preauthorizations for the patients as needed for their post-discharge follow up care.
- Responsible for scheduling appointments with established PCP.
- If patient does not have a PCP, finding a PCP that accepts the patient's insurance and scheduling an appointment in the appropriate time frame.
- Also responsible for scheduling appointments with Specialist that honors the patient s primary care physician s preferences and coordinating the specialist referral based on patient s insurance needs.
- Responds to physician requests for patient charts, labs, referral documents, etc. and confirms patient arrival at specialist appointments and tracks the patient s care direction after the appointment.
Required: High School Graduate or equivalent
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.