CERT. LAB ASST II PRN ROTATING AT MEMORIAL CAMPUS
- Job ID 1805028099
- Date posted 07/20/2018
- Facility The Hospitals of Providence Memorial Campus
Primary function is performing phlebotomy procedures on patients of all age groups using variety of different techniques. The Lab Assistant must be able demonstrate skill and knowledge in order to obtain the best possible samples for the testing as required for the care and treatment of the patients. This includes correct patient identification, sample collection, labeling and processing of all samples. The Lab Assistant must have the ability to interface with patient, family members, physicians and other professionals as related to their duties in a professional manner.
In addition this position is required to perform duties of front desk, reception staff, and central processing. These responsibilities include registration of outpatients into both the laboratory and hospital information systems, basic order entry into LIS. The Lab Assistant must be able to also process the specimens in order for the Medical Technologist to perform testing in an accurate and timely manner. Assist with the performance of Quality Assurance and Quality Control. Charge Laboratory Assistants will accept responsibility and accountability in the absence of the supervisor.
- High School education/ GED
- Technical or Vocational Training
- Phlebotomy Certificate or Medical Assistant Certificate
- Direct Patient Care – CPR Required.
- Phlebotomy Certification Required
- Hospital policy requires that anyone who operates a vehicle must have a driver’s license and proof of insurance.
- Ability to speak, read, and write fluent English
- Ability to learn and integrate technical aspects of the laboratory as a whole
- Ability to make quick and accurate decisions under stress and emergency situations
- Ability to use computers (i.e. Microsoft Office, LIS systems)
- Proficient drawing Pediatric patients and Neonates.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks effectively and efficiently.
- Ability to work in areas that are confined and/or crowded
- Ability to manage anger/fear/hostility violence of others.
- Ability to work alone
- Minimum 1 year phlebotomy experience with all age groups
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.