Director, Nursing Geriatric Behavioral Health - The Hospitals of Providence Memorial Campus $15K SIGN-ON BONUS
- Job ID 2005007735
- Date posted 02/24/2020
- Facility The Hospitals of Providence Memorial Campus
Relocation Assistance Available. The Director is a professional who coordinates program development, develops, assesses and pursues opportunities consistent with the business plan across Geriatric Behavioral Services for The Hospitals of Providence Memorial Campus.Manages and directs department to accomplish individual as well as overall integrated company objectives.Functions in an advisory capacity in evaluating proposed procedural changes as they relate to patient care; directs the implementation and ensures compliance with Standards of Care that promote optimum health care delivery. Directs profit and loss, revenue generation and expenditure control to optimize the utilization of resources at minimum cost.
- Responsible for development and maintenance of departmental financial resources.
- Prepares both Operational and Capital Budget for the Service Line(s)ensuring sustained growth.
- Establishes and monitors proper measures of performance and financial health balanced scorecard.
- Monitors expenses on a weekly basis and assists Unit Directors/Clinical Coordinator in preparing analysis of variance on a monthly basis. Takes corrective actions as necessary.
- Assists Unit Directors/Clinical Coordinator in accurately reporting labor statistics and monitors to assure compliance with departmental standards.
- Acts as resource to Unit Directors/Clinical Coordinator to maintain fiscal control.
- Delegates responsibility and authority over operational functions to subordinate leaders.
- Develop methods to enhance revenue productivity in areas of responsibility.
- Ensures deadlines are met for reports, projects, etc.
- Assures compliance with Joint Commission and other regulatory agencies.
- Reviews or revises policies & procedures as indicated by changes in practice that are in compliance with hospital policies and procedures.
- Formulates a plan of action for improvement/resolution of performance improvement issues.
- Demonstrates a good knowledge base of Joint Commission and other regulatory agencies and revises practices in department (s) as necessary.
- Mentors and develops Unit Directors/Clinical Coordinators to understand standards and ensure regulatory compliance.
- Participates in ongoing readiness for Joint Commission compliance.
- Active and current registered nurse license in the state of residence/practice.
- Highly effective interpersonal and communication skills.
- Proven leadership ability and hospital operational ability.
- Ability to serve as role model and advocate for the professional discipline of nursing
Required: Master Degree; Bachelors or Masters must be in Healthcare related field
Preferred: Preferred Psychiatric Specialty
If a Registered Nurse - valid Texas RN License
Crisis Prevention Intervention Certification within 6 months
5 years management experience
ability to effectively communicate/interact with all hospital management, employees, patients, visitors and medical staff(verbal and written)
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.