OCCUPATIONAL/EMPLOYEE HEALTH RN FULL TIME DAYS AT THE HOSPITALS OF PROVIDENCE
- Job ID 1905031398
- Date posted 08/12/2019
- Facility THOP Market Shared Services
The overall employee health program in the facility is directed by Human Resources, with significant input from Nursing, Infection Control and Infection Disease. The EHN promotes, coordinates and administers all aspects of occupational health services for health care professionals (HCP) in his/her Tenet facility, which includes employees and non-employees working in the facility. Non-employees included in this program may be contractors, vendors, students, volunteers and credentialed staff.
- Bachelor s Degree in Nursing or specialty occupation preferred. Associate Degree Nursing or Diploma required.
- Current RN license in state board of nursing required
- COHN-S/COHN preferred. BLS required.
- Two years of nursing experience required. Two years in Employee/Occupational Health in health care field and/or Emergency Nursing strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of State Workers Compensation Laws
- Knowledge of OSHA standards, including Injury record keeping, CDC recommendations and state Department of Public Health regulations applicable to healthcare
- Knowledge of FMLA and ADA
- Ability to provide independent judgment and provide appropriate guidance and assistance in all areas of responsibility
- Ability to use analytical and critical thinking skills and draw conclusion based on documentary evidence
- Ability to effectively communicate the appropriate information to the various levels of the organization
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with staff, all levels of management, physicians, attorneys, and the general public
- Read, speak, write, and understand English
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Patient Education experience
- Knowledge of HIPAA
- Counseling experience preferred
- Immunization experience
- Maintence of Medical Records
- Return to Work experience
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.