Chief Executive Officer, Tenet Physician Services (TPR), Florida Market, Palm Beach area
Job ID: 2105026854 Date Posted: 07/15/2021 Facility: Tenet Executive Search
- Mid-Senior level
- No Travel
What makes a successful Chief Executive Officer, Tenet Physician Services (TPR), Florida Market, Palm Beach area at our location? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
“Our physicians, specialists, surgeons, nurses and other healthcare professionals are highly skilled and dedicated to providing the best possible medical care. We advance health through the continuous pursuit of evidence-based, coordinated care. Our goal is to be your trusted and lifelong partner for health and wellness services.”-Frank Molinaro, Chief Executive Officer at Abrazo Health
Paid Time Off
Stock Purchase Program
Life and Disability Insurance
The Chief Executive Officer, TPR has responsibility for oversight of the existing physician practices, as well as newly acquired/employed physician practices throughout the hospital and specific market physician practice locations. The Chief Executive Officer, TPR is responsible for coordinating with local hospital(s) and market management and corporately based functional departments (Legal, Managed Care, IT, HR, etc.) to ensure swift and effective execution of start-up and on-boarding activities. The Chief Executive Officer, TPR will manage and direct activities in practices including physician human resources requirements, customer service, customer satisfaction, financial, medical, business information systems, practice profile analysis, compliance with regulatory bodies, participates in planning and development and position specific requirements identified in "Responsibility Matrix".
The Chief Executive Officer, TPR also works with local hospital(s) and market management and corporate functional departments to standardize the start-up and on-boarding process. He/she participates in monthly operational and financial reviews along with the Department Chief Financial Officer and other department team members to hold hospital and physician practice managers accountable for improving operational and financial performance.
Other key duties include the following:
- Strategic planning of the physician/practice development in connection with management company and respective hospital market leadership team (to include physician recruitment, practice location selection)
- Management of PEA renewals (through tracking term dates and assigning responsible party for handling renewal).
- Management of general operations of practices, including meeting performance metrics and driving optimal operational performance.
- Oversight of Market Operations Councils (which include Hospital Administrative Team membership).
- Oversight of the Physician Advisory Councils within their markets
- Management of the employed Physician Practice leases (initial and renewal) to include review and signature. Ensure the language in Physician Employment Agreements is consistent with proforma assumptions. Identify and tracking of Capital needs for physician practices. Oversight of MPR responsibilities.
- Management of Financial results for employed physician practices, to include daily/weekly monitoring of results.
- Management of volume growth for employed physicians, to include (but not limited to) ZocDoc initiative, DrScore patient satisfaction (or like product) and any other volume growth initiative.
- Adhere to and support the mission, purpose, philosophy, objectives, policies, and procedures of Tenet.
- Conform to the Tenet HIPAA Compliance Plan and the Privacy Standards Confidentiality Agreement.
- Demonstrate support for the Tenet Corporate Compliance Program by being knowledgeable of compliance responsibilities as expressed in the Code of Conduct; adhering to federal and state laws, rules, regulations, and corporate policies and procedures policies that affect his/her specific job functions/responsibilities; and reporting compliance issues/concerns in a timely and appropriate manner.
- Participate in Monthly Operations Reviews with TPR and Market senior leadership.
- Lead various meetings with physicians, practice operations, revenue cycle management and TPR leadership. Responsible for working with practice leadership to identify opportunities for improving EBITDA and cash flows.
CANDIDATE EXPERIENCE, ATTRIBUTES AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
At least ten years of practice management experience in a large multispecialty group of physicians that includes management responsibility for all operational areas including finance.
Must have advanced understanding of physician practice start-up requirements, RVU principles and concepts, billing/collections, accounts receivable management, employee supervision, managed care, patient relations, physician credentialing, medical office policies/procedures, marketing, coding HER/Practice Management IT systems, and MGMA benchmarks.
- Strong leadership skills and understanding of group processes, teamwork, and site/cost center based management.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships.
- Strong communication skills at all levels.
- Ability to analyze problems and consistently follow through to creative solutions.
- Knowledge of and experience negotiating with third-party payers
- Ability to take initiative and exercise independent judgment, decision-making, and problem solving expertise
- Ability to effectively, respectfully and professionally communicate, both in writing and verbally, with physicians, management, vendors, consultants and other clients.
- Strong ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to organize work with large amounts of information efficiently, manage multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously with attention to detail in a fast-paced and results-oriented environment.
- Must be computer literate with proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word and other accounting software packages. Experience with Microsoft Access is preferred.
- A cooperative and respectful approach to problem-solving with the capability of building consensus and support, working across functional lines to engage disparate resources to work together to achieve desired results.
- A broad strategic thinker and team player who works well with ambiguity. Is able to transfer the vision/mission of the organization into a focused strategy and a detailed practical plan for the future.
- An intuitive thinker who generates ideas and recommends new and/or modified approaches.
- An individual of highest personal and professional integrity, principle and knowledge, earning respect and support when making difficult decisions and choices. Able to establish immediate credibility with peers, senior leadership, and medical staff.
- Must listen actively and accurately, encourage input from others. Provide clear directions. Maintain an ongoing dialogue with employees to ensure continual progress.
- Someone with the ability to work collaboratively with individuals critical to the successful execution of financial tasks.
- Excellent oral and written presentation skills. Articulate, good conversationalist and possessing a gracious demeanor.
A Bachelor’s degree in Management or related field is required and an MD is preferred or an MHA or MBA is also preferred.
A competitive compensation program will be tailored to the selected candidate. Base salary will be supplemented by a performance bonus and comprehensive, well-rounded benefits program, which includes relocation assistance.