Search Open Positions
CNA Float Pool Full Time Days
Fountain Valley Regional Hospital is proud of the full range of quality services we provide. Since 1971, we have dedicated our efforts to meet and serve the medical needs of our growing community. We were the first hospital in Orange County to offer residents an accredited Chest Pain Center and a Thrombectomy Receiving Center certified by The Joint Commission. We are one of only two certified Pediatric ICUs in Orange County and the only hospital in Fountain Valley and Huntington Beach with a Level III Neonatal ICU. We’re proud of the efforts of our physicians, nurses and staff who strive to provide you with the best care possible.
We offer competitive salaries and benefits including a matching 401(k), several health & dental plans to choose from, generous tuition assistance plans, and relocation assistance for select positions.
1. Provides direct patient care under the direction and supervision of a Registered Nurse.
2. Follows CNA checklist and completes tasks assigned on the CNA Assignment Information Sheet.
3. Demonstrates accuracy when measuring and recording:
a. vital signs: temperature, pulse, respiration, blood pressure, and pain level for assigned patients
b. Intake and output on worksheets in patients rooms (RN is responsible to Document in chart)
c. Height and weight - documenting scale type and number- as assigned
4. Demonstrates competence in performing and documenting the following patient care activities on the Graphic and ADL Flowsheet as assigned:
c. Linen changes,
d. Oral care,
Consistently performs oral care as needed. Brushes teeth and observes oral mucosa.
Removes and cleans dentures and/or partials. Provides a labeled receptacle for storage.
Checks patients regularly. Ensures food delivery and sets up trays for patient's convenience. Feeds assigned patients when necessary and considers patient's ability to chew and swallow.
g. Comfort measures.
5. Distributes drinking water routinely throughout the day as assigned and as needed.
6. Answers call lights in a timely basis.
7. Consistently uses Nurse Locator System.
8. Prepares patient's room and bed for receiving patient admission, returning surgical patient, transfer, or emergency situation
9. Orients assigned patient to his/her room on admission. Explains the operation of bed, call and emergency lights, television.
10. Takes and records on the interview portion of admission form all vital signs, height, weight, and allergies. Documents belongings on the Initial Assessment form and on the Belongings Tracking Record.
11. Follows procedures for specimen collection, labeling accurately, and timely routing to Laboratory.
12. Demonstrates a thorough knowledge of universal precaution, infection control and isolation procedures. At all times adheres to policies and procedures as outlined in the Procedures Manual. Washes hands before and after patient contact.
13. Makes rounds on assigned patients, anticipates patient's needs and answers/responds to patient call lights or paging to ensure:
a. Urinals and hats are emptied every 2 hours
b. Patients have fresh water
c. Rooms are stocked with gloves, cups, straws
d. Patients are clean and comfortable
e. Rooms are organized and clean
14. Demonstrates competence in assisting RNs and physicians in medical treatments as defined by Hospital policy.
15. Assists in planning, providing and evaluating patient care as a member of the nursing team.
16. Provides patient teaching as directed by R.N.
17. Assists with pre-operative and post-operative care:
a. Position patient
b. Lifts and turns patient with proper body mechanics
c. Applies/utilizes special equipment as necessary and ambulates patient.
18. Safely transports patients to and from various areas.
19. Assumes responsibility for bagging, labeling, and routing all patient belongings with each transfer, including: glasses, dentures, clothing, etc. Documents belongings on Initial Assessment Form and on the Belongings Tracking Record.
20. Assumes responsibility for sending home all personal belongings with each discharged patient.
21. Upon discharge, strips linen, empties hats and bedside commodes, disposes of suction canister linings, and returns equipment to the dirty utility room.
22. Provides postmortem care and assists in transporting bodies to the morgue as assigned
23. Refers to R.N. or reference manuals when unfamiliar with assigned tasks or procedures.
24. Regularly identifies potential problems or areas of improvement and communicates such to R.N.
25. Regularly discusses patient care with R.N.
26. Reports and records as necessary any change observed in condition or behavior of patient; contributes to nursing care plan.
27. Assists in maintaining a safe and clean environment by immediately reporting any defective equipment or other problems to the Charge Nurse.
28. Cleans equipment and prepares it for disinfection as assigned.
29. Receives inventories and stocks supplies as assigned.
30. Attends in-service education programs as assigned to learn new treatments, procedures, developmental skills, etc.
31. Employs proper techniques of body mechanics to ensure patient and staff safety at all times.
32. Recognizes the need and initiates BLS appropriately.
33. Demonstrates the ability to perform in a precise and accurate manner during a crisis and emergency situations.
34. Demonstrates efficient utilization of resources:
a. Does not overstock rooms with linen and supplies
b. Utilizes resources appropriately
35. Performs all other duties as assigned within the scope of practice.
Minimum Education: High school diploma or equivalent preferred. Knowledge and education necessary to obtain C.N.A. certification in the state of California; Current California C.N.A. certification Current American Heart Association BLS certification.
The hospital, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to combine any of the above required experiences, or to consider applicants other work related experience in order to meet the above mentioned requirements.
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or
employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin,
age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will
make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities
unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.
Jobs for You
- Monitor Tech Oncology Telemetry Per Diem Nights Job ID: 2105027136 Date posted: 07/28/2021 Facility: Fountain Valley Regional Hospital and Medical Center
- RN ICU Full Time Days Job ID: 2105024635 Date posted: 07/28/2021 Facility: Fountain Valley Regional Hospital and Medical Center
- RN L&D Full Time Nights Job ID: 2105027137 Date posted: 07/27/2021 Facility: Fountain Valley Regional Hospital and Medical Center
Tenet - A Community
Built on Care.
Across the country, the Tenet family includes 110,000 employees working in more than 65 hospitals and over 475 outpatient centers. We’re all focused on delivering the right care in the right place at the right time.
At Tenet, the impact of our work spreads far and deep across the many dimensions of healthcare that we touch. Every day, our employees and physicians foster a compassionate environment for care and healing in the communities we serve. We take pride in what we do, we are passionate about our chosen path, and we take seriously the true privilege we have in serving others as a Community Built on Care.Learn About Opportunities Across Tenet