Hospital Compliance Officer (HCO) - Fountain Valley Regional Hospital and Placentia-Linda Hospital - Fountain Valley, California and Placentia, California
The Hospital Compliance Officer (HCO) has responsibility for managing the implementation of Tenet’s Ethics and Compliance Program for his/her assigned facilities.
The Hospital Compliance Officer's general duties and responsibilities encompass implementing Tenet's systems, processes and policies designed to ensure compliance with Federal healthcare program requirements at the hospital level. The Hospital Compliance Officer is also responsible for overseeing the implementation of Tenet's Compliance Charter in his or her facilities.
The Hospital Compliance Officer reports directly to the Group Compliance Officer. Reporting to the Hospital Compliance Officer may be other functions such as contract management or other support staff.
FUNCTIONAL EXPECTATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
Among the specific responsibilities and activities of the HCO are the following:
- Advise Hospital leadership on issues concerning compliance and ethics matters including recommending controls designed to ensure compliance.
- Work collaboratively with Hospital leadership in compliance and ethics program development and implementation.
- The successful candidate will be recognized for demonstrated knowledge in compliance process improvement and the requirements of Federal healthcare programs. Other success factors include past clinical, legal, auditing or other compliance experience.
- Clear, concise and persuasive writing and presentation skills.
- Strong organizational skills and an orientation to deadlines and detail.
- Ability to respond well under pressure.
- Skills in use of information systems, databases, Excel and Microsoft Word.
- Enjoys working as a member of a cohesive team, and is good at doing so.
- Well-developed communications and consensus building skills
- Strong presentation skills.
Professional and Personal Attributes
- An energetic, results-oriented individual, not content with the status quo. A doer more than a talker.
- A leader who will inspire confidence and establish a sense of common direction and vision.
- An individual with high personal and professional integrity. A highly principled and sincere individual.
- Sensitive to the proper concerns of the staff, but able to appropriately balance these concerns with the overall institutional goals.
- Highly articulate with the ability to communicate effectively and credibly in both oral and written context.
- A team player and a good listener who truly values the input of others and their contributions, and positively responds to such input.
- One who accepts delegation and is able to make decisions.
- Coach, mentor, and supporter.
- Diligent about follow-through, thorough and well-prepared.
- Committed to the highest quality of patient care. Innovative and creative.
- Sense of humor. A good sense of humor responds to the flow of conversation in ways that are creative and entertaining, not abusive or offensive. A good sense of humor also means you can see things from different sides, from different angles, and in different ways.
A Bachelor’s degree is required and a Master’s degree is preferred.Compensation
A competitive compensation program will be tailored to the selected candidate. Base salary will be supplemented by a performance bonus and comprehensive, well-rounded benefits program, which includes relocation assistance. The performance bonus is based on the performance of Tenet as reflected in its Balanced Scorecard rather than the performance of the Hospital.Travel
Minimal travel requirements. It is expected that the Hospital Compliance Officer will be active in a healthcare compliance association.
Tenet complies with federal, state, and/or local laws regarding mandatory vaccination of its workforce. If you are offered this position and must be vaccinated under any applicable law, you will be required to show proof of full vaccination or obtain an approval of a religious or medical exemption prior to your start date. If you receive an exemption from the vaccination requirement, you will be required to submit to regular testing in accordance with the law.
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or
employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin,
age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will
make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities
unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.
Jobs for You
No related jobs. View All of Our Available Opportunities
Related Content (Headline is visually hidden)
Life at Tenet
What’s it like to work at Tenet? We’re connected by a passion for making a difference in people’s lives, from patients to...Learn more about life at Tenet
Learn about the process for applying for a job at Tenet Healthcare. We want our candidates to have a great experience, a...Learn more about our process
Tenet offers a competitive benefits package for full-time and part-time employees who work more than 24 hours a week. In...Learn more about our benefits
Interested in being part of our Community Built on Care? Search opportunities for many types of jobs across the country...Learn more about our opportunities