RN ICU FT Days 15K Sign On
- Job ID 1705020050
- Date posted 01/04/2018
- Facility Fountain Valley Regional Hospital and Medical Center
- Observes, identifies and collects data to identify nursing care needs of the patient and family.
- Demonstrates decision making process and ability to recognize priorities and resolve appropriately.
- Documents primary assessment in a timely manner.
- Identifies and reports to the appropriate person(s) abnormal diagnostic data and clinical changes in the patient's condition.
- Documents patient problems and nursing care needs of the patient and family/significant others.
- Actively involves patient and family/significant others in planning patient's care.
- Develops short- and long-term goals for the patient and family/significant others.
- Identifies the need to involve other disciplines in thepatient's care.
- Initiates discharge planning upon admission.
- Performs common nursing procedures as defined in Policy and Procedure Manual.
- Implements changes in physicians' orders in a timely manner.
- Explains treatments and procedures to patient and family/significant others.
- Provides patient and family teaching.
- Provides for safety, cleanliness and comfort for patient.
- Initiates emergency procedures as needed within the scope of practice and hospital policy.
- Demonstrates critical thinking skills in dealing with infrequently encountered or difficult situations.
- Evaluates the patient's response to nursing care.
- Updates and revises care to be delivered, as patient's needs change.
- Appropriately communicates changes and care given to other members of the health care team.
- Keeps immediate supervisor informed of organizational, staff and patient problems.
- Maintains an awareness of legal aspects of nursing, including accurate/timely documentation according to standards/policy and procedure.
- Conducts patient care conferences.
- Updates skills and knowledge and attends peer's patient care conferences.
- Assists in orientation and/or acts as a preceptor for new personnel.
- Provides evaluation materials in a timely manner.
- Participates in quality assurance programs and/or committees.
- Manages patients as a primary care giver.
- Demonstrates ability to utilize equipment in the clinical setting.
- Demonstrates basic computer entry skills.
- Demonstrates knowledge and skills in application of monitoring equipment.
- Demonstrates knowledge and skills in recognizing and acting accordingly to life threatening arrhythmias.
- Attends skills lab (knowledge and clinical ability to perform)
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.