Search Open Positions
RN Onc Tele FT Days
We know it takes a special person to be a nurse, and we are committed to providing our nurses with an enriching and rewarding environment. We provide the resources, tools and support our employees need to serve our patients and customers in the best way possible — so we can provide the right care, in the right place, at the right time, and do so with compassion.
- No travel
What makes a successful Nurse at our
Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Critical thinker
- Paid Time Off
Fountain Valley Regional Hospital is proud of the full range of quality services we provide. Since 1971, we have dedicated our efforts to meet and serve the medical needs of our growing community. We were the first hospital in Orange County to offer residents an accredited Chest Pain Center and a Thrombectomy Receiving Center certified by The Joint Commission. We are one of only two certified Pediatric ICUs in Orange County and the only hospital in Fountain Valley and Huntington Beach with a Level III Neonatal ICU. We’re proud of the efforts of our physicians, nurses and staff who strive to provide you with the best care possible.
We offer competitive salaries and benefits including a matching 401(k), several health & dental plans to choose from, generous tuition assistance plans, and relocation assistance for select positions.
RN Onc Tele Position Summary:
1. Interviews patient, family, significant others to formulate a nursing history.
2. Observes, identifies and collects data to identify nursing care needs of the patient and family.
3. Correlates the medical plan of care with the nursing plan of care.
4. Identifies and reports to the appropriate person(s) abnormal diagnostic data and clinical changes in the patient's condition.
5. Utilizes standard of care to anticipate potential patient care programs.
6. Develops and/or updates individualized nursing care plan on each patient.
7. Documents patient problems and nursing care needs of the patient and family/significant others.
8. Actively involves patient and family/significant others in planning patient's care.
9. Develops short- and long-term goals for the patient and family/significant others. Identifies the need to involve other disciplines in the patient's care.
10. Initiates discharge planning upon admission.
11. Performs common nursing procedures as defined in Policy and Procedure Manual.
12. Implements changes in physicians' orders in a timely manner.
13. Explains treatments and procedures to patient and family/significant others.
14. Provides patient and family teaching.
15. Provides for the safety, cleanliness and comfort of the patient.
16. Initiates emergency procedures as needed within the scope of practice and hospital policy.
17. Sets priorities and provides nursing care based on the patient’s needs.
18. Evaluates the patient's response to nursing care.
19. Updates and revises care to be delivered as patients' needs change.
20. Appropriately communicates changes and care given to other members of the health care team.
21. Recognizes alternations in physiological, psychological and psychosocial status.
PROFESSIONAL GROWTH AND RESPONSIBILITY:
22. Assumes leadership role and delegates nursing care.
23. Assigns tasks appropriately and guides team members based on their skills and abilities.
24. Maintains awareness of legal aspects of hospital nursing.
25. Conducts patient care conferences.
26. Updates skills and knowledge and attends peers' patient care conferences.
27. Assists in orientation and/or acts as a preceptor for new personnel.
28. Sets goals and objectives with target dates.
29. Participates in patient care Quality Assurance programs.
30. Manages patients as a team leader or primary care giver.
31. Demonstrates ability to assess patients' signs and symptoms with impending CVA, Pulmonary Edema, MI, CHF, PE, respiratory distress.
32. Assesses neurological status (including cognitive levels) in post head injured patients.
33. Maintains all intravenous lines and fluids (i.e., CVP, Hickman catheters, mini infusers hyperalimentation, dialysis catheter, etc.).
34. Clearly documents effectiveness of nursing care (i.e., pain management and response to treatments such as wound care).
35. Demonstrates basic computer entry skills.
36. Demonstrates knowledge and skills in application of various types of monitor leads.
37. Demonstrates knowledge and skills in recognizing and acting accordingly to life threatening arrhythmia’s.
38. Demonstrates the philosophy of team concept.
39. Participates in group projects and staff meetings with suggestions that enhance the work environment and increase productivity.
40. Consistently contributes to team effort (e.g. assists co-workers when need is observed or upon request).
41. Point of care testing
42. Employee must meet physical and mental requirements as identified by the physical activity evaluation form
RN Tele candidate will possess the following education, licenses/certifications, and experience:
Required: Minimum Education: Knowledge necessary to obtain RN license in the state of California and current California RN license. Initial Dysrhythmia Recognition within 90 days of hire. NIHSS within 90 days of hire. American Heart Association BLS and ACLS.
Preferred: Recent Acute Care experience in Telemetry
The hospital, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to combine any of the above required experiences, or to consider applicants other work related experience in order to meet the above mentioned requirements.
Pay Range: $40.33 - $61.25
Individual wages are determined based upon a number of factors including, but not limited to, an individual’s qualifications and experience
Tenet complies with federal, state, and/or local laws regarding mandatory vaccination of its workforce. If you are offered this position and must be vaccinated under any applicable law, you will be required to show proof of full vaccination or obtain an approval of a religious or medical exemption prior to your start date. If you receive an exemption from the vaccination requirement, you will be required to submit to regular testing in accordance with the law.
1Benefits may vary slightly by location and role. Please ask your recruiter for more details.