Search Open Positions
RN Wound Care PD Days - Out Patient
We know it takes a special person to be a nurse, and we are committed to providing our nurses with an enriching and rewarding environment. We provide the resources, tools and support our employees need to serve our patients and customers in the best way possible — so we can provide the right care, in the right place, at the right time, and do so with compassion.
- No travel
What makes a successful Nurse at our
Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Critical thinker
- Paid Time Off
Fountain Valley Regional Hospital is proud of the full range of quality services we provide. Since 1971, we have dedicated our efforts to meet and serve the medical needs of our growing community. We were the first hospital in Orange County to offer residents an accredited Chest Pain Center and a Thrombectomy Receiving Center certified by The Joint Commission. We are one of only two certified Pediatric ICUs in Orange County and the only hospital in Fountain Valley and Huntington Beach with a Level III Neonatal ICU. We’re proud of the efforts of our physicians, nurses and staff who strive to provide you with the best care possible.
We offer competitive salaries and benefits including a matching 401(k), several health & dental plans to choose from, generous tuition assistance plans, and relocation assistance for select positions.
RN Wound Care PD Days - Out Patient
Training for wound care certification available.
Collaborates with medical director and other disciplines in the coordination, planning and evaluation of the Wound Care Program. Communicates individual and unit issues with the appropriate Unit Coordinator or Director and offers possible solutions and plans.
Coordinates and provides clinical education of wound, and skin integrity to health care providers and physicians. Works effectively with case managers, staff, and other departments. Confers with others to identify learning needs and suggests or selects most appropriate solutions for addressing those needs.
- Proficient and knowledge of current skin, and wound management.
- Recognizes changes in a patient condition and communicates effectively with the team and physician to adjust the treatment plan.
- Provides consulting and direction to the patients, family members, and health care providers and physicians regarding wound care management.
- Initiate care to meet patient's needs.
- Coordinate plan of care with physician/consultant.
- Assess patient response to treatment.
- Evaluate care provided by health care providers.
- Documentation of teaching instructions and patient's response.
- Participates in the ordering of adjunctive therapies to include Hyperbarics.
- Provides consultation to Home Health Agencies and Care Homes.
- Maintains department equipment and materials in a condition to promote efficiency.
- Works with Director on specialty grafts, VAC equipment, or other modalities for patients.
- Ensures that department is in compliance with JCAHO requirement.
- Current and in good standing California R.N. license.
- Education necessary to obtain W.C.C. Certification within 2 years of hire.
- Knowledge and experience with vacuum assisted closure device.
- Current American Heart Association BLS certification.
- BLS Instructor certification.
- Keep current with new products or technologies in WCC nursing.
- Two or more years of wound care or hyperbaric experience.
- Prior leadership and/or teaching experience preferred.
- Spanish or Vietnamese as a second language desirable.
The hospital, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to combine any of the above required experiences, or to consider applicants other work related experience in order to meet the above mentioned requirements.
Pay range: 40.33 - $61.25 an hour
Individual wages are determined based upon a number of factors including, but not limited to, an individual’s qualifications and experience
Tenet complies with federal, state, and/or local laws regarding mandatory vaccination of its workforce. If you are offered this position and must be vaccinated under any applicable law, you will be required to show proof of full vaccination or obtain an approval of a religious or medical exemption prior to your start date. If you receive an exemption from the vaccination requirement, you will be required to submit to regular testing in accordance with the law.
1Benefits may vary slightly by location and role. Please ask your recruiter for more details.