Search Open Positions
Sterile Processing Tech Full Time Days
Fountain Valley Regional Hospital is proud of the full range of quality services we provide. Since 1971, we have dedicated our efforts to meet and serve the medical needs of our growing community. We were the first hospital in Orange County to offer residents an accredited Chest Pain Center and a Thrombectomy Receiving Center certified by The Joint Commission. We are one of only two certified Pediatric ICUs in Orange County and the only hospital in Fountain Valley and Huntington Beach with a Level III Neonatal ICU. We’re proud of the efforts of our physicians, nurses and staff who strive to provide you with the best care possible.
We offer competitive salaries and benefits including a matching 401(k), several health & dental plans to choose from, generous tuition assistance plans, and relocation assistance for select positions.
- Maintains the instrument room in an orderly manner.
- Operates all instrument room equipment according to hospital procedure
- Informs purchasing department of all needed supplies and instruments.
- Prevents infection crossover of all equipment by following procedures.
- Handles all instruments to assure proper working order and sterilization.
- Assures trays are complete; notifies supervisors of missing instruments.
- Maintains proper record keeping for sterilization of trays, sterilization loads.
- Assures all surgical needles, instruments and sponges are properly accounted for during and upon completion of surgical procedures.
- Cares for equipment to prevent breakage, loss or inappropriate use.
- Maintains cost effectiveness by using only those supplies necessary.
Minimum Education: High school graduate or equivalent preferred.
Required: Graduate of Surgical Technician Program
Minimum Experience: One year of central supply/instrument tech experience and recent acute care experience preferred.
Preferred Skills and Abilities: Required ability to follow written and verbal direction.
Required: BLS Certification
The hospital, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to combine any of the above required experiences, or to consider applicants other work related experience in order to meet the above mentioned requirements.
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or
employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin,
age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will
make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities
unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.
Jobs for You
- Surgical Tech L&D Part Time Rotate Job ID: 2105034481 Date posted: 09/17/2021 Facility: Fountain Valley Regional Hospital and Medical Center
- Medical Lab Tech II Per Diem Nights Job ID: 2105019715 Date posted: 06/25/2021 Facility: Fountain Valley Regional Hospital and Medical Center
- Lab Tech Part Time Nights Job ID: 2105027915 Date posted: 08/09/2021 Facility: Fountain Valley Regional Hospital and Medical Center
Tenet - A Community
Built on Care.
Across the country, the Tenet family includes 110,000 employees working in more than 65 hospitals and over 475 outpatient centers. We’re all focused on delivering the right care in the right place at the right time.
At Tenet, the impact of our work spreads far and deep across the many dimensions of healthcare that we touch. Every day, our employees and physicians foster a compassionate environment for care and healing in the communities we serve. We take pride in what we do, we are passionate about our chosen path, and we take seriously the true privilege we have in serving others as a Community Built on Care.Learn About Opportunities Across Tenet