Search Open Positions
Fountain Valley Regional Hospital is proud of the full range of quality services we provide. Since 1971, we have dedicated our efforts to meet and serve the medical needs of our growing community. We were the first hospital in Orange County to offer residents an accredited Chest Pain Center and a Thrombectomy Receiving Center certified by The Joint Commission. We are one of only two certified Pediatric ICUs in Orange County and the only hospital in Fountain Valley and Huntington Beach with a Level III Neonatal ICU. We’re proud of the efforts of our physicians, nurses and staff who strive to provide you with the best care possible.
We offer competitive salaries and benefits including a matching 401(k), several health & dental plans to choose from, generous tuition assistance plans, and relocation assistance for
Surgical technologists are an integral part of the team providing surgical care to patients. They are responsible for assisting in surgical procedures in the operating room. They prepare and organize the operating room and maintain a sterile environment.
1. Administers care for the perioperative patient according to hospital procedure.
2. Transports patients to and from surgery according to hospital procedure.
3. Sets up carts for surgical cases utilizing the surgeon’s preference cards.
4. Obtains proper equipment for surgical cases
5. Assists in emergency procedures by obtaining and providing proper equipment and supplies.
6. Demonstrates ability to scrub on all surgical procedure specialties.
7. Assures a fast room turnover by remaining in room and efficiently sets up for next case.
8. Assists throughout the department by helping wherever needed.
9. Check supplies for outdates.
10. Cleans cupboards and OR rooms.
11. Responds appropriately when on call (arrives within 30 minutes).
12. Accepts assignments as requested by Supervisor/Charge Nurse.
13. Seeks growth in knowledge and skills within the OR setting.
14. Reports and follows through on malfunctioning equipment.
15. Communicates pertinent information regarding patients, physicians, equipment, supplies and situations.
16. Assists in training new/existing staff.
17. Assures all surgical needles, instruments, sponges are accounted for during and after completion of surgical procedures.
18. Cares for equipment to prevent breakage, loss or inappropriate use.
19. Is a resource for the instrument room personnel in the appropriate care and set-up of instruments.
20. Maintains cost effectiveness by using only those supplies necessary.
21. Assumes responsibility for a service, including care of equipment, by being a resource to others as assuring that necessary supplies and procedures are in place for that service.
22. Assists in presenting an in-service for the service of responsibility during the year.
23. Performs other duties as assigned.
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or
employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin,
age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will
make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities
unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.
Jobs for You
- Social Work Manager Full Time Days Job ID: 2205008259-4 Date posted: 05/26/2022 Facility: Fountain Valley Regional Hospital and Medical Center
- Sterile Processing Tech Full Time Days Job ID: 2205023532-0 Date posted: 06/20/2022 Facility: Fountain Valley Regional Hospital and Medical Center
- Clinical Lab Scientist II Full Time Nights Job ID: 2205010502-3 Date posted: 06/22/2022 Facility: Fountain Valley Regional Hospital and Medical Center
Tenet - A Community
Built on Care.
Across the country, the Tenet family includes 110,000 employees working in more than 65 hospitals and over 475 outpatient centers. We’re all focused on delivering the right care in the right place at the right time.
At Tenet, the impact of our work spreads far and deep across the many dimensions of healthcare that we touch. Every day, our employees and physicians foster a compassionate environment for care and healing in the communities we serve. We take pride in what we do, we are passionate about our chosen path, and we take seriously the true privilege we have in serving others as a Community Built on Care.Learn About Opportunities Across Tenet