Unit Secretary OR Full Time Evening
- Job ID 1905001312
- Date posted 02/18/2019
- Facility Fountain Valley Regional Hospital and Medical Center
Fountain Valley Regional Hospital is proud of the full range of quality services we provide. Since 1971, we have dedicated our efforts to meet and serve the medical needs of our growing community. We were the first hospital in Orange County to offer residents an accredited Chest Pain Center and a Thrombectomy Receiving Center certified by The Joint Commission. We are one of only two certified Pediatric ICUs in Orange County and the only hospital in Fountain Valley and Huntington Beach with a Level III Neonatal ICU. We’re proud of the efforts of our physicians, nurses and staff who strive to provide you with the best care possible.
We offer competitive salaries and benefits including a matching 401(k), several health & dental plans to choose from, generous tuition assistance plans, and relocation assistance for select positions.
Position performs receptionist and clerical duties for assigned nursing units under the supervision of the Charge Nurse, Nurse Manager/Director. Responsible for completing established competencies for the position within designated orientation timeframe.
• Performs under the supervision of a RN/Charge Nurse in the nurses’ station.
• Acts as a focus of communication in the nurses’ station for all customers: Patients, Family, Physicians, and other members of the healthcare team.
• Answers telephone in a professional manner
• Demonstrates professional and personal “first impression” greetings to all customers.
• Responds to patient call lights promptly and professionally and communicates to appropriate nursing staff.
• Rounds and introduces self to patients as appropriate
• Assesses and prioritizes a rapidly changing workload. Completes work in a timely manner.
• Maintains a clean and orderly work environment. Shares responsibility for organizing supplies, tracking, stocking and storing of equipment/supplies and keeping department clean and organized.
• Prompt recognition of emergent patient calls and follows chain of command as appropriate
• Documents on patient unit board(s) patient flow: discharges, transfers, admits, room changes.
• Maintains a sense of ownership, privacy, facility etiquette, teamwork, safety awareness, integrity and respect, hospitality, courtesy, dependability, and initiative.
• Ensures confidentiality of patients’ medical record information.
• Calls physicians and other members of the healthcare team as directed
• Initiates, assembles, and maintains charts for all assigned patients
• Actively participates in unit meetings and reads communication materials
• Functions as a patient advocate.
• Participates in the successful implementation of change
• Other duties as assigned
Required Education: High School Diploma or equivalent, Medical Terminology preferred
Required Experience: Recent acute care and/or physician office experience as a unit secretary and/or clerical assistance/scheduler.
Preferred Experience: Recent experience as a surgery scheduler
The hospital, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to combine any of the above required experiences, or to consider applicants other work related experience in order to meet the above mentioned requirements.
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.