Search Open Positions
Client Delivery Sr Director - Charlotte, SC Metropolitan
As a part of the Tenet and Catholic Health Initiatives family, Conifer Health brings 30 years of healthcare industry expertise to clients in more than 135 local regions nationwide. We help our clients strengthen their financial and clinical performance, serve their communities, and succeed at the business of healthcare. Conifer Health helps organizations transition from volume to value-based care, enhance the consumer and patient healthcare experience and improve quality, cost, and access to healthcare. Are you ready to be part of our solutions? Welcome to the company that gives you the resources and incentives to redefine healthcare services, with a competitive benefits package and leadership to take your career to the next step!
The Sr. Director, Client Delivery Executives (SDCD) has relationship with large/complex clients and/or Regional/Market or Independent client leadership and ops leadership. Serves as a resource for the client delivery director. The Sr. Director, Client Delivery Executives (SDCD) serves as the strategic leader providing business insight on all aspects of Revenue Cycle Services for assigned client locations. Responsibilities include serving as the liaison between operations and the client, providing strategic leadership to the regional client service leaders, ensuring SLAs and performance expectations are met in collaboration with operations, managing the P&L, and ensuring projects and initiatives are financially profitable and meet or exceed margin thresholds. This is a key leadership role, with high visibility and impact on the client, internal stakeholders, and the overall operational performance of the organization.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Include the following. Others may be assigned.
- Provides direction to Directors, Client Delivery to ensure Client’s strategic objectives are met along with all key Revenue Cycle performance Metrics (SLAs and OSLs).
- Consults with appropriate key stakeholders to identify issues related to revenue cycle performance and works with Conifer leadership to develop and then manage appropriate outcomes.
- Strategizes with Client and Conifer Leadership to proactively assist in improved performance and problem avoidance, including the deployment of necessary Conifer resources.
- Advises the Assigned Client designee regarding any planning, budgeting and implementation of all Revenue Cycle activities.
- Works collaboratively to provide value to customers (both internal and external) through business/industry insight and innovation.
- Ensure seamless delivery of Conifer’s solutions and services to attain revenue goals; monitor and ensure projects meet process metrics and client satisfaction;
- Oversee client deliverables in partnership with both internal and external business relationships. Consult with appropriate key stakeholders when issues arise, develop and communicate action plans and provide ongoing updates to all appropriate parties.
- Ongoing Client Leadership and Remediation (Issue Resolution). Identifies performance degradation and coordinate with Conifer Client Executive Leader, and the Conifer operational colleagues to ensure a mitigation plan has been implemented for the client.
- Develop and implement action plans to address and improve deficiencies in process and performance as identified.
- Reports on performance to client leadership, and regularly quantifies the benefit/accomplishments Conifer has delivered.
- Collaborates with on-site resources in service delivery and problem solving to maximize solution offering and client satisfaction.
- Assist with providing comprehensive, succinct updates to Conifer Leadership in order to drive awareness of any Client support requirements and/or risks that could impact service delivery.
- Position coordinates with Conifer Client Management Leader.
- P&L responsibility for the group of Hospitals under their direction, must be knowledgeable in and report on monthly, revenue and EBIT, and the breakdown for each. Grow to be conversant in the underlying operations and client environmental and placement metrics that drive the ebbs and flows in revenue and EBIT and affect positive movement in each on a peer-level dotted line relationship with strategy, operations, and sales. Flash Revenue and provide color commentary weekly for contingency deals; flash fixed fee expected and progress towards achieving any performance bonuses provided for in the contract.
- Work with the Process Leader to oversee process changes in the operational processes that track to financial and performance goals.
- Provides Budget Management, manages all hiring, career development/planning, annual performance reviews for the team they directly lead.
- Oversight and Management of any new Change Control Notices for specified clients. If necessary, Client assigned designee presentations and assist with contract amendments as necessary.
FINANCIAL RESPONSIBILITY (Specify Revenue/Budget/Expense): varies by Client
This position carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with guidelines, policies and procedures and applicable laws. Supervisory responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Direct Reports (titles) Directors, Client Delivery Executive
Indirect Reports (titles) Varies by Client
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Requires an understanding of systems and processes that impact revenue cycle performance and capabilities.
- Central point of contact between Conifer service lines and the client regarding performance.
- Possesses the ability to build trusting relationships with Client Executives at all levels.
- Possesses analytical ability sufficient to work in a data-heavy environment and to identify trends in the data.
- Possess business acumen with an emphasis on: effective communication (i.e., listening, written and verbal), negotiation, influencing decision makers, business planning, strategy, problem solving, decision making and time management skills.
- Understanding of the market, trends, competition, and key pain points for hospital executives.
- Intermediate MS Office required (Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint).
- Ability to act effectively in consultant role
- Advanced knowledge of Revenue Cycle procedures, practices, and ability to provide value added subject matter expertise
- Ability to act as communication liaison and develop multiple consecutive projects between varying constituents
- Ability to manage team of consultants
Conifer requires its candidates, as applicable and as permitted by law, to obtain and provide confirmation of all required vaccinations and screenings prior to the start of employment. This may include, but is not limited to, the COVID-19 vaccination, influenza vaccination, and/or any future required vaccines and screenings.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
Include minimum education, technical training, and/or experience preferred to perform the job.
- Demonstrated experience of the entire acute care hospital revenue cycle processes is required;
- Successful experience leading in matrixed environment.
- Understanding of the market, trends, competition, and key pain points for hospital executives.
- Proven success in project management roles to include developing and implementing business initiatives, change management, and bringing together disparate team members to successfully deliver client solutions
- 4 year college degree in business administration, finance or health administration or equivalent experience.
- 8 – 10 years experience and excellent working knowledge of patient financial service operations with specific focus on Inpatient and Outpatient Managed Care and Commercial payers
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Some travel required (25%)
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Regular office environment as well as hospitals, medical centers, etc.
Compensation and Benefit Information
- Pay: $133,598.00-$200,408.00 annually. Compensation depends on location, qualifications, and experience.
- Position may be eligible for an Annual Incentive Plan bonus of 10%-25% depending on role level.
- Management level positions may be eligible for sign-on and relocation bonuses.
Conifer offers the following benefits, subject to employment status:
- Medical, dental, vision, disability, life, and business travel insurance
- Manager Time Off – 20 days per year
- 401k with up to 6% employer match
- 10 paid holidays per year
- Health savings accounts, healthcare & dependent flexible spending accounts
- Employee Assistance program, Employee discount program
- Voluntary benefits include pet insurance, legal insurance, accident and critical illness insurance, long term care, elder & childcare, AD&D, auto & home insurance.
- For Colorado employees, Conifer offers paid leave in accordance with Colorado’s Healthy Families and Workplaces Act.
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or
employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin,
age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will
make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities
unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.
Jobs for You
- Sales Executive Job ID: 2305047600-3 Date posted: 03/01/2024 Facility: Conifer Value
- Senior Outpatient Coder ED/ Profee and Facility Job ID: 2403002642-1 Date posted: 01/23/2024 Facility: Conifer Revenue Cycle Solutions
- Inpatient Senior Coder - Remote Job ID: 2403006846-0 Date posted: 02/27/2024 Facility: Conifer Revenue Cycle Solutions
Tenet - A Community
Built on Care.
Across the country, the Tenet family includes 110,000 employees working in more than 65 hospitals and over 475 outpatient centers. We’re all focused on delivering the right care in the right place at the right time.
At Tenet, the impact of our work spreads far and deep across the many dimensions of healthcare that we touch. Every day, our employees and physicians foster a compassionate environment for care and healing in the communities we serve. We take pride in what we do, we are passionate about our chosen path, and we take seriously the true privilege we have in serving others as a Community Built on Care.Learn About Opportunities Across Tenet