Search Open Positions
Client Performance & Experience Director - Remote
As a part of the Tenet and Catholic Health Initiatives family, Conifer Health brings 30 years of healthcare industry expertise to clients in more than 135 local regions nationwide. We help our clients strengthen their financial and clinical performance, serve their communities and succeed at the business of healthcare. Conifer Health helps organizations transition from volume to value-based care, enhance the consumer and patient healthcare experience and improve quality, cost and access to healthcare. Are you ready to be part of our solutions? Welcome to the company that gives you the resources and incentives to redefine healthcare services, with a competitive benefits package and leadership to take your career to the next step!
The Director, Client Performance and Experience has relationships with Regional/Market or Independent client leadership, Conifer Client Delivery leadership and operations leadership. Serves as a the primary contact for Conifer Client Delivery assisting with presenting client performance opportunities and action plans to improve deficiencies. The Director, Client Performance and Experience serves as the leader providing business insight on all aspects of operations and integrates performance amongst the operational units for assigned client locations. Responsibilities include serving as the liaison between operations and the client, providing strategic leadership to the regional client service leaders, ensuring SLAs and performance expectations are met in collaboration with operations and ensuring projects and initiatives are moving along as intended. Responsible for developing and leading national projects, and driving from idea stage to operational implementations. This is a key leadership role, with high visibility and impact on the client, internal stakeholders and the overall operational performance of the organization.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Include the following. Others may be assigned.
- Provides guidance to Operational Leaders and connects varying services lines to ensure Client’s strategic objectives are met along with performance Metrics (SLAs and OSLs).
- Consults with appropriate key stakeholders to identify issues related to performance and works with Conifer leadership to develop and then manage appropriate outcomes.
- Develops and leads national projects impacting performance and operationalizes consistent practices amongst the Client Performance & Experience Team.
- Strategizes with Leadership and Conifer Client Delivery to proactively assist in improved performance and problem avoidance, including the deployment of necessary Conifer resources.
- Works collaboratively with Conifer Client Delivery to provide value to customers (both internal and external) through business/industry insight and innovation.
- Ensure seamless delivery of Conifer’s solutions and services to attain revenue goals; monitor and ensure projects meet process metrics and client satisfaction;
- Oversee client deliverables in partnership with both internal and external business relationships. Consult with appropriate key stakeholders when issues arise, develop and communicate action plans and provide ongoing updates to all appropriate parties.
- Ongoing Client Leadership and Remediation (Issue Resolution). Identifies performance degradation and coordinate with Conifer Client Delivery and Leadership, and the Conifer operational colleagues to ensure a mitigation plan has been implemented for the client.
- Develop and implement action plans to address and improve deficiencies in process and performance as identified.
- Reports on performance to client leadership, and regularly quantifies the benefit/accomplishments Conifer has delivered.
- Collaborates with on-site resources in service delivery and problem solving to maximize solution offering and client satisfaction.
- Assist with providing comprehensive, succinct updates to Conifer Leadership in order to drive awareness of any Client support requirements and/or risks that could impact service delivery.
- Position coordinates with Conifer Client Management Leader.
- Oversight and Management of any new Change Control Notices for specified clients. If necessary, Client assigned designee presentations and assist with contract amendments as necessary.
This position carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with guidelines, policies and procedures and applicable laws. Supervisory responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Direct Reports (titles) N/A
Indirect Reports (titles) Varies by Client
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Requires an understanding of systems and processes that impact revenue cycle performance and capabilities.
- Central point of contact between service lines and client delivery regarding performance.
- Possesses the ability to build trusting relationships with Client Executives at all levels.
- Possesses analytical ability sufficient to work in a data-heavy environment and to identify trends in the data.
- Possess business acumen with an emphasis on: effective communication (i.e., listening, written and verbal), negotiation, influencing decision makers, business planning, strategy, problem solving, decision making and time management skills.
- Understanding of the market, trends, competition, and key pain points for hospital executives.
- Intermediate MS Office required (Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint).
- Ability to act effectively in consultant role
- Advanced knowledge of Revenue Cycle especially Mid-Revenue Cycle procedures, practices, and ability to provide value added subject matter expertise
- Ability to act as communication liaison and develop multiple consecutive projects between varying constituents
- Ability to manage team of consultants
Conifer requires its candidates, as applicable and as permitted by law, to obtain and provide confirmation of all required vaccinations and screenings prior to the start of employment. This may include, but is not limited to, the COVID-19 vaccination, influenza vaccination, and/or any future required vaccines and screenings.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
Include minimum education, technical training, and/or experience preferred to perform the job.
- Demonstrated experience of the entire acute care hospital revenue cycle processes is required;
- Successful experience leading in matrixed environment.
- Understanding of the market, trends, competition, and key pain points for hospital executives.
- Proven success in project management roles to include developing and implementing business initiatives, change management, and bringing together disparate team members to successfully deliver client solutions
- 4 year college degree in business administration, finance, revenue cycle management or health administration or equivalent experience.
- 8 – 10 years experience and excellent working knowledge of revenue cycle management
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Some travel required (25%)
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Regular office environment as well as hospitals, medical centers, etc.
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or
employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin,
age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will
make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities
unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.
Jobs for You
- Patient Account Representative - Remote Job ID: 2305013082 Date posted: 02/07/2023 Facility: Conifer Revenue Cycle Solutions
- Denials Specialist (Remote) Job ID: 2305007123 Date posted: 01/31/2023 Facility: Conifer Revenue Cycle Solutions
- Operations Performance Analyst - Remote Job ID: 2205018562 Date posted: 01/04/2023 Facility: Conifer Patient Solutions, LLC
Tenet - A Community
Built on Care.
Across the country, the Tenet family includes 110,000 employees working in more than 65 hospitals and over 475 outpatient centers. We’re all focused on delivering the right care in the right place at the right time.
At Tenet, the impact of our work spreads far and deep across the many dimensions of healthcare that we touch. Every day, our employees and physicians foster a compassionate environment for care and healing in the communities we serve. We take pride in what we do, we are passionate about our chosen path, and we take seriously the true privilege we have in serving others as a Community Built on Care.Learn About Opportunities Across Tenet