Search Open Positions
Clinical Operations Director - Remote
As a part of the Tenet and Catholic Health Initiatives family, Conifer Health brings 30 years of healthcare industry expertise to clients in more than 135 local regions nationwide. We help our clients strengthen their financial and clinical performance, serve their communities and succeed at the business of healthcare. Conifer Health helps organizations transition from volume to value-based care, enhance the consumer and patient healthcare experience and improve quality, cost and access to healthcare. Are you ready to be part of our solutions? Welcome to the company that gives you the resources and incentives to redefine healthcare services, with a competitive benefits package and leadership to take your career to the next step!
The Director of Clinical Operations is responsible for ensuring smooth and efficient operations across Conifer Population Health Programs. He/She will have a strength in identifying opportunities to streamline and have experience in implementing changes to improve process. He/She will create dashboards and scorecards for monitoring performance. The Director will create business cases, working with executive leadership, for the Population Health program through performaing the analysis, developing approach to implementation, and making assumptions on levels of effort. These business cases will stretch across existing programs and creation of new programs. The Director will be serve as the solution architect for Population Health sales working with Business Development and Finance to ensure prospect requirements are captured. The Director will work across multiple teams, building confidence and influencing others.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Include the following. Others may be assigned.
- Analyzes population health operational performance, develops performance improvement strategies, and implements changes across operations.
- Serves as solution architect for new client deals. Validates assumptions of clinical model. Responds to population health and clinical questions in requests for proposals (RFPs) and sales pursuits.
- Monitors operational and outcomes performance to identify trends. Highlights areas of concern. Works with Directors and/or Managers of Population Health to improve program performance
- Develops standard operating metrics to monitor operational performance and outcomes. Develops directly, and with reporting team support, dashboards and reports to monitor operational performance and outcomes at book of business, client, and team level.
- Develops business cases, working with Leadership, for new programs and strategic initiatives. Performs ad hoc analysis of validity of program. Performs market research. Creates presentations. Develops timelines and milestones. Serves as program manager for new initiatives.
If direct report positions are listed below, the following responsibilities will be performed in accordance with guidelines, policies and procedures and applicable laws. Supervisory responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Direct Reports (titles) TBD
- Indirect Reports (titles) NA
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Knowledge of Care Management regulations that fall under Medicare, Utilization Review Accreditation Commission (URAC), National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA), and Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA) and other applicable state and accreditation standards.
- Extensive knowledge of care management across a variety of programs (case, disease, utilization management) and settings (health plan, medical management organization, accountable care organization)
- Extensive knowledge of operational metrics for care management performance and outcomes
- Familiarity with basic business concepts and business financial performance metrics
- Demonstrated experience performing analysis on large data sets
- Structured thinker with ability to organize and simplify complex problems into specific tasks and milestones
- Change agent who is able to work across multiple teams and levels of the organization to influence behaviors
- Strong communication, team leadership and project management skills
- Ability to collaborate and build strong client relationships across all levels of the organization including clinical staff, physicians and administrative leadership to meet deliverables.
Conifer requires its candidates, as applicable and as permitted by law, to obtain and provide confirmation of all required vaccinations and screenings prior to the start of employment. This may include, but is not limited to, the COVID-19 vaccination, influenza vaccination, and/or any future required vaccines and screenings.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
Include minimum education, technical training, and/or experience preferred to perform the job.
- 10+ years of professional experience required;
- Minimum of 3 years in care management role required, 5+ years experience in care management preferred.
- Experience managing clinical operations in care management setting with demonstrated experience in implementing performance improvements
- Experience in building business cases and managing multiple projects.
- Experience leading performance improvement initiatives.
- Expert in Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Powerpoint. Experience with Business Intelligence tools, a plus
Include minimum certification required to perform the job.
- Bachelor’s degree in nursing, economics, finance, or business, or other Bachelors degree with relevant experience.
- Performance excellence certificate or training (i.e. Lean, Six Sigma) preferred
- MBA/MPH/MHA preferred
- Active RN License
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to work in sitting position, use computer and answer telephone
- Ability to travel
- Includes ability to walk through hospital-based departments across broad campus settings, including Emergency Department environments
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work from hom
- Approximately 30% travel may be required
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or
employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin,
age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will
make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities
unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.
Jobs for You
- Coordinator, Client Network Management (remote or in-office) / Southern CA (Los Angeles) Job ID: 2105021118 Date posted: 05/27/2022 Facility: Conifer Health Solutions
- Patient Service Center Representative II - Remote Job ID: 2205016719 Date posted: 06/24/2022 Facility: Conifer Health Solutions
- CRC Coding Auditor, RN - Remote Job ID: 2205012842 Date posted: 04/01/2022 Facility: Conifer Health Solutions
Tenet - A Community
Built on Care.
Across the country, the Tenet family includes 110,000 employees working in more than 65 hospitals and over 475 outpatient centers. We’re all focused on delivering the right care in the right place at the right time.
At Tenet, the impact of our work spreads far and deep across the many dimensions of healthcare that we touch. Every day, our employees and physicians foster a compassionate environment for care and healing in the communities we serve. We take pride in what we do, we are passionate about our chosen path, and we take seriously the true privilege we have in serving others as a Community Built on Care.Learn About Opportunities Across Tenet