Search Open Positions
Denials Specialist - Remote
As a part of the Tenet and Catholic Health Initiatives family, Conifer Health brings 30 years of healthcare industry expertise to clients in more than 135 local regions nationwide. We help our clients strengthen their financial and clinical performance, serve their communities and succeed at the business of healthcare. Conifer Health helps organizations transition from volume to value-based care, enhance the consumer and patient healthcare experience and improve quality, cost and access to healthcare. Are you ready to be part of our solutions? Welcome to the company that gives you the resources and incentives to redefine healthcare services, with a competitive benefits package and leadership to take your career to the next step!
Responsible for validating dispute reasons following Explanation of Benefits (EOB) review, escalating payment variance trends or issues to NIC management, and generating appeals for denied or underpaid claims.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Include the following. Others may be assigned.
- Validate denial reasons and ensures coding in DCM is accurate and reflects the denial reasons. Coordinate with the Clinical Resource Center (CRC) for clinical consultations or account referrals when necessary,
- Generate an appeal based on the dispute reason and contract terms specific to the payor. This includes online reconsiderations.
- Follow specific payer guidelines for appeals submisson
- Escalate exhausted appeal efforts for resolution
- Work payer projects as directed
- Research contract terms/interpretation and compile necessary supporting documentation for appeals, Terms & Conditions for Internet enabled Managed Care System (IMaCS) adjudication issues, and referral to refund unit on overpayments.
- Perform research and makes determination of corrective actions and takes appropriate steps to code the DCM system and route account appropriately.
- Escalate denial or payment variance trends to NIC leadership team for payor escalation.
Conifer requires its candidates, as applicable and as permitted by law, to obtain and provide confirmation of all required vaccinations and screenings prior to the start of employment activity. This may include, but is not limited to, the COVID-19 vaccination, influenza vaccination, and/or any future required vaccines and screenings.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Intermediate understanding of Explanation of Benefits form (EOB), Managed Care Contracts, Contract Language and Federal and State Requirements
- Intermediate knowledge of hospital billing form requirements (UB-04)
- Intermediate understanding of ICD-9, HCPCS/CPT coding and medical terminology
- Intermediate Microsoft Office (Word, Excel) skills
- Advanced business letter writing skills to include correct use of grammar and punctuation.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
Include minimum education, technical training, and/or experience preferred to perform the job.
- High School Diploma or equivalent, some college coursework preferred
- 3 - 5 years experience in a hospital business environment performing billing and/or collections
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to sit and work at a computer terminal for extended periods of time
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Call Center environment with multiple workstations in close proximity
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or
employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin,
age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will
make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities
unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.
Jobs for You
- Senior Operations Performance Analyst - Remote (Potential Sign On Bonus for Qualified Full-Time Hires) Job ID: 2205015607 Date posted: 04/21/2022 Facility: Conifer Health Solutions
- Coordinator, Client Network Management (remote or in-office) / Southern CA (Los Angeles) Job ID: 2105021118 Date posted: 05/27/2022 Facility: Conifer Health Solutions
- Patient Account Representative - Remote Job ID: 2105031488 Date posted: 09/10/2021 Facility: Conifer Health Solutions
Tenet - A Community
Built on Care.
Across the country, the Tenet family includes 110,000 employees working in more than 65 hospitals and over 475 outpatient centers. We’re all focused on delivering the right care in the right place at the right time.
At Tenet, the impact of our work spreads far and deep across the many dimensions of healthcare that we touch. Every day, our employees and physicians foster a compassionate environment for care and healing in the communities we serve. We take pride in what we do, we are passionate about our chosen path, and we take seriously the true privilege we have in serving others as a Community Built on Care.Learn About Opportunities Across Tenet