Search Open Positions
Learning & Development Specialist
As a part of the Tenet and Catholic Health Initiatives family, Conifer Health brings 30 years of healthcare industry expertise to clients in more than 135 local regions nationwide. We help our clients strengthen their financial and clinical performance, serve their communities and succeed at the business of healthcare. Conifer Health helps organizations transition from volume to value-based care, enhance the consumer and patient healthcare experience and improve quality, cost and access to healthcare. Are you ready to be part of our solutions? Welcome to the company that gives you the resources and incentives to redefine healthcare services, with a competitive benefits package and leadership to take your career to the next step!
Responsible for providing standardized new hire, technical, process, and soft-skills training delivery via instructor-led facilitation of virtual remote or classroom training. Works in partnership with leaders to address developmental needs. Meets key performance indicators while maintaining service level agreements and makes appropriate recommendations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Include the following. Others may be assigned.
- Provide all supported business units and emerging clients with standardized new hire, refresher, new process and systems training.
- Functions as a subject matter expert in at least one line of business and creates and updates training curriculum as needed.
- Create and records, reports and other documentation of training activities.
- Represent the Learning & Development team in meetings with business partners, leadership and project teams.
- Function as a performance consultant, collaborating with Process and Operations to perform needs assessment and recommend training solutions.
- Other training related duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Strong customer service and personal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Demonstrates effective collaboration skills with internal and external customers
- Understanding of healthcare and/or revenue cycle services
- Ability to conduct training needs analysis
- Skilled facilitator, consistently demonstrates effective questioning techniques and ability to engage students and transfer knowledge
- Mature classroom management skills; able to effectively control classroom/virtual classroom to foster a safe learning enviroment
- Highly effective oral and written communications skills, with ability to develop collaborative relationships with stakeholders in order to achieve results
- Ability to work with minimal supervision, self-starter and demonstrates initiative
- Flexible and innovative; highly adaptable to dynamic business environment; catalyst for change
- High engagement; supportive of leadership and role model for Conifer values and guiding behaviors
- Ability to work under pressure, organize and prioritize responsibilities
- Strong MS Office 365 and Teams (or other video conferencing skills) preferred
Conifer requires its candidates, as applicable and as permitted by law, to obtain and provide confirmation of all required vaccinations and screenings prior to the start of employment. This may include, but is not limited to, the COVID-19 vaccination, influenza vaccination, and/or any future required vaccines and screenings.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
Include minimum education, technical training, and/or experience preferred to perform the job.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 2 - 3 years’ experience in training or leadership position in lieu of Bachelor’s degree
- Revenue cycle management experience preferred
- ATD Certification preferred
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to lift 25-35 lbs., due to travel requirements
- Ability to communicate to large groups verbally and through various media
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Office Work Environment
- Virtual Work Environment
- Hospital Work Environment
- May require travel – can vary from approximately 10% to 25
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or
employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin,
age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will
make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities
unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.
Jobs for You
Tenet - A Community
Built on Care.
Across the country, the Tenet family includes 110,000 employees working in more than 65 hospitals and over 475 outpatient centers. We’re all focused on delivering the right care in the right place at the right time.
At Tenet, the impact of our work spreads far and deep across the many dimensions of healthcare that we touch. Every day, our employees and physicians foster a compassionate environment for care and healing in the communities we serve. We take pride in what we do, we are passionate about our chosen path, and we take seriously the true privilege we have in serving others as a Community Built on Care.Learn About Opportunities Across Tenet