Patient Account Sr Representative
- Job ID 1805027647
- Date posted 07/19/2018
- Facility Conifer Health Solutions
- Responsible for all aspects of insurance follow up and collections, including making telephone calls, accessing payer websites and filing appeals. Effectively resolves complex or aged inventory, including payment research and payment recoups with minimal or no assistance necessary. Identify issues or trending and provide suggestions for resolution. Accurately and thoroughly documents the pertinent collection activity performed. Review the account information and necessary system applications to determine the next appropriate work activity. Verify claims adjudication utilizing appropriate resources and applications. Initiate telephone or letter contact to patients to obtain additional information as needed. Perform appropriate billing functions, including manual re-bills as well as electronic submission to payers. Edit claims to meet and satisfy billing compliance guidelines for electronic submission. Manage and maintain desk inventory, complete reports, and resolve high priority and aged inventory.
- Participate and attend meetings, training seminars and in-services to develop job knowledge. Participate in the monthly, quarterly and annual performance evaluation process with their Supervisor. Respond timely to emails and telephone messages as appropriate. Identify and communicate issues to management, including payer, system or escalated account issues as well as assist in the development of solutions. Assist with special projects assigned by management as needed. Assist new or existing staff with training or techniques to increase production and quality as well as provide A/R support for the team or team members that may be absent or backlogged.
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Intermediate technical skills including PC and MS Outlook
- Advanced knowledge of UB-04 and Explanation of Benefits (EOB) interpretation
- Intermediate knowledge of CPT and ICD-9 codes
- Advanced knowledge of insurance billing, collections and insurance terminology
- High school diploma or equivalent education
- 2-5 years experience in Medical/Hospital Insurance related collections
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.