Search Open Positions
As a part of the Tenet and Catholic Health Initiatives family, Conifer Health brings 30 years of healthcare industry expertise to clients in more than 135 local regions nationwide. We help our clients strengthen their financial and clinical performance, serve their communities and succeed at the business of healthcare. Conifer Health helps organizations transition from volume to value-based care, enhance the consumer and patient healthcare experience and improve quality, cost and access to healthcare. Are you ready to be part of our solutions? Welcome to the company that gives you the resources and incentives to redefine healthcare services, with a competitive benefits package and leadership to take your career to the next step!
The Senior Engineer is a member of the Conifer Engineering team and is responsible for designing, developing, and maintaining multiple applications running both on-premises and in the cloud. The Senior Engineer provides architectural guidance and direction on design patterns and best practices. The Senior Engineer works closely with the Product team to refine and estimate user stories for new application functionality. The Senior Engineer also participates in deployment and production support activities for the applications in the portfolio. The Senior Engineer plays a key role in guiding and mentoring junior members of the team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work in an Agile environment to design, develop, and maintain multiple web-based applications running on-premises and in the cloud.
- Produce high-quality, efficient, coding standards-compliant, thoroughly tested application code and modules.
- Provide architectural guidance, input, and feedback for new applications and major enhancements of existing applications.
- Investigate, troubleshoot, and solve application defects in both test and production environments.
- Lead production deployments of the applications.
- Provide guidance and mentorship to junior application developers.
- Work closely with Business Partners/Product Owners to refine and estimate user stories for new application functionality.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be knowledgeable regarding design patterns, design best practices, and microservices architecture
- Must have superior problem-solving skills
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to engage with teams who may be remote
- 5+ years of experience as a Software Engineer working in an Agile environment, preferably Scrum
- 3+ years of professional experience with SQL in a relational database environment
- 5+ years of professional experience with ASP.NET and Entity Framework under .NET Framework or .NET Core
- 3+ years of professional experience with web frameworks such as Blazor/WebAssembly, React, Angular, or Bootstrap
- 3+ years of professional experience with unit-test frameworks such as xUnit
- 2+ years of professional experience building and deploying Docker images
- Working knowledge of message bus technologies such as Azure Service Bus, RabbitMQ, or MSMQ
- Working knowledge of Kubernetes and Kubernetes management tools, preferably Helm
- 5+ years of professional experience creating integrations between systems of medium to high complexity using different technologies such as InterSystems IRIS for Health/Object Script/Cache, C#, Java, Python, Perl, Flynet, Summit Scripting Tool, and SQL
- 5+ years of experience with free-format RPGLE and embedded SQL-RPGLE
- 5+ years of experience with SQL preferable with IBM DB2
- 5+ years of experience with iSeries Data and Message Queues
- 5+ years of experience with Subfiles on the iSeries
- 3+ years of experience with APIs and Stored Procedures
- Experience in Azure and Azure DevOps is a plus
- Experience in Healthcare or Healthcare IT is a plus
- Experience with HL7 and X12 EDI is a plus
- Experience with a healthcare integration engine like Rhapsody or Mirth a plus
Conifer requires its candidates, as applicable and as permitted by law, to obtain and provide confirmation of all required vaccinations and screenings prior to the start of employment. This may include, but is not limited to, the COVID-19 vaccination, influenza vaccination, and/or any future required vaccines and screenings.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
Include minimum education, technical training, and/or experience preferred to perform the job.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering / Computer Science / Information Systems. Experience commensurate with such qualifications through prior work experience will be considered.
FINANCIAL RESPONSIBILITY (Specify Revenue/Budget/Expense): N/A
- Subject to the technology budget.
- Subject to the technology organizational needs if this is not an individual contributor role
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or
employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin,
age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will
make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities
unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.
Jobs for You
- Patient Account Representative - Remote Job ID: 2305015596 Date posted: 03/06/2023 Facility: Conifer Revenue Cycle Solutions
- Patient Account Representative - Remote Job ID: 2305014211 Date posted: 02/17/2023 Facility: Conifer Revenue Cycle Solutions
- Patient Account Representative - Remote Job ID: 2305014159 Date posted: 02/17/2023 Facility: Conifer Revenue Cycle Solutions
Tenet - A Community
Built on Care.
Across the country, the Tenet family includes 110,000 employees working in more than 65 hospitals and over 475 outpatient centers. We’re all focused on delivering the right care in the right place at the right time.
At Tenet, the impact of our work spreads far and deep across the many dimensions of healthcare that we touch. Every day, our employees and physicians foster a compassionate environment for care and healing in the communities we serve. We take pride in what we do, we are passionate about our chosen path, and we take seriously the true privilege we have in serving others as a Community Built on Care.Learn About Opportunities Across Tenet