Search Open Positions
Unified Communications Director - Remote
As a part of the Tenet and Catholic Health Initiatives family, Conifer Health brings 30 years of healthcare industry expertise to clients in more than 135 local regions nationwide. We help our clients strengthen their financial and clinical performance, serve their communities and succeed at the business of healthcare. Conifer Health helps organizations transition from volume to value-based care, enhance the consumer and patient healthcare experience and improve quality, cost and access to healthcare. Are you ready to be part of our solutions? Welcome to the company that gives you the resources and incentives to redefine healthcare services, with a competitive benefits package and leadership to take your career to the next step!
This Director of Conifer IS Operations position has responsibility into the overall strategy of the unified communications (UC) solution of the enterprise. This includes management of the contact center technology and telephony infrastructure. This position includes alignment with other Conifer IS directors, line of business directors, and executive level leaders. The Director of Unified Communications will work directly with the Conifer IS leadership team to ensure delivery of needed, and requested, unified communications technologies. This role works closely with Enterprise Architecture, Enterprise Operations and Information Security to specify and document solutions and practices.
The Director of UC provides detailed oversight to the support staff responsible for internal and vendor provided services that compose Conifer’s unified communications solution.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Include the following. Others may be assigned.
- Management of the enterprise contact center solution. This includes overseeing operational support to ensure that user issues are handled in a timely manner, requests for new functionality are delivered to meet business objectives, and that ongoing evaluation of new, and complementary, technologies to the UC platform are performed.
- Manage vendor-outsourced partners to influence efficiency and ensure SLAs are being met. Identify and mitigate risks associated with the UC/Contact Center environment.
- Manage the IS Ops unified communication budget providing regular OpEx and CapEx forecasts and ensuring budgets are met and optimized wherever possible.
FINANCIAL RESPONSIBILITY (Specify Revenue/Budget/Expense):
- Manage the IS Operations budget for the UC/Contact Center environment providing regular OpEx and CapEx forecasts and ensuring budgets are met and optimized wherever possible.
If direct report positions are listed below, the following responsibilities will be performed in accordance with guidelines, policies and procedures and applicable laws. Supervisory responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Direct Reports (titles) Manager of Contact Center Operations
- Indirect Reports (titles) Approximately 5 Vendor contractors
Conifer requires its candidates, as applicable and as permitted by law, to obtain and provide confirmation of all required vaccinations and screenings prior to the start of employment activity. This may include, but is not limited to, the COVID-19 vaccination, influenza vaccination, and/or any future required vaccines and screenings.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
- This position requires extensive experience managing and supporting a cloud based contact center solution, preferably, NICE-CXone (inContact).
- Experience and deep knowledge of unified communications and voice technologies including VoIP, SIP, MPLS, SBC, video conferencing, and WebRTC.
- Experience managing work in an ITSM system using ITIL best practices, preferably ServiceNOW, including Incident, Change, Request, and Problem management.
- Ability to analyze performance metrics, identify problem areas, and deliver solutions to enhance quality of service and to prevent future problems.
- Ensure Conifer has the skills and capabilities required to deliver business and technical commitments in the UC space. Have a focus on continuous improvement and providing roadmaps to reduce technical debt.
- Experience overseeing the design and troubleshooting of complex voice and data networks.
- Executive reporting into the health and capacity of the contact center and telecom environments.
- Diverse, multi-discipline experience leading IT teams with a proven track record of managing operations including management of SLAs, developing strategies, etc.
- Experience with disaster recovery and business continuity implementation and governance. Manage sysops tools, vendor relationships, contracts, strategic sourcing, legal, risk, and business support services as needed.
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server usage and development will be a benefit.
- Manages projects, people, customer expectations, and business priorities to achieve customer satisfaction.
- Ability to successfully oversee numerous projects and applications simultaneously with little oversight or direction.
- Must possess experience with budget management, team building and leadership, application support, and project/program management.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required in addition to the ability to effectively develop and deliver presentations to leadership.
- Demonstrated problem solving techniques.
- Ability to coach and build skills within the team.
- Experience with on premise and hosted phone system technologies, particularly Cisco Unified Call Manager and Microsoft Teams Voice.
- Shares best practices throughout IT.
- Experience with revenue cycle management processes is desired.
- Public Cloud experience, such as Azure, or AWS, is desired.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, management information systems, or equivalent work experience.
- 10+ Years IT Experience, preferably in the contact center, or telecom support space.
- 5+ years leadership experience
Include minimum certification required to perform the job.
- ITIL v3 (or v4) Foundation preferred
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to work in sitting position, use a computer, and answer the telephone
- Ability to travel
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Primarily, a remote, home-based office
- Office work environment
- Approximately 10% travel may be required
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or
employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin,
age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will
make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities
unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.
Jobs for You
- Coordinator, Client Network Management (remote or in-office) / Southern CA (Los Angeles) Job ID: 2105021118 Date posted: 05/27/2022 Facility: Conifer Health Solutions
- Personal Health Nurse - Remote Job ID: 2205024317 Date posted: 06/24/2022 Facility: Conifer Health Solutions
- Personal Health Nurse - Remote Job ID: 2205024307 Date posted: 06/24/2022 Facility: Conifer Health Solutions
Tenet - A Community
Built on Care.
Across the country, the Tenet family includes 110,000 employees working in more than 65 hospitals and over 475 outpatient centers. We’re all focused on delivering the right care in the right place at the right time.
At Tenet, the impact of our work spreads far and deep across the many dimensions of healthcare that we touch. Every day, our employees and physicians foster a compassionate environment for care and healing in the communities we serve. We take pride in what we do, we are passionate about our chosen path, and we take seriously the true privilege we have in serving others as a Community Built on Care.Learn About Opportunities Across Tenet