Search Open Positions
Laboratory Assistant II PRN Rotating
Helping people feel better isn’t just about the treatment we give – the relationships we create and the compassion we share are just as important. Abrazo hospitals make a difference in the lives of our communities and the lives of those we work alongside every day. We know it takes a special person to work in healthcare, and we are committed to providing our people with an enriching and rewarding environment.
From your first day, you’ll be part of a group of some of the most talented nursing professionals united in a common goal to care for those in our community. Ready to work with awe-inspiring teammates who are dedicated to making a difference? Join us in going above and beyond.
Laboratory Assistant II PRN Rotating Position Summary
Performs routine technical and clerical functions to include specimen registration and billing. Performs specimen receipt and distribution of laboratory specimens. Performs phlebotomy duties as assigned. Will perform CLIA waived laboratory tests, as requested. Will assist in microbiology processing and plating specimens, as requested.
- Interpersonal skills to interact in a professional and competent manner using effective listening, verbal and written communications with patients, clients, laboratory colleagues and other healthcare professionals.
- Service orientation actively looking for ways to care through respect, courtesy, empathy and warmth when communicating with patients and clients.
- Aware of response to others by using feedback, listening skills, verbal and non-verbal communication skills. Team-work skills contributing to departmental success. Operate basic laboratory equipment, computers and medical software.
- Accurate data entry into medical software.
- Attention to detail to verify relevant data and process specimens ensuring appropriate specimens are handled, packaged and shipped to the designated laboratory according to established protocols and specimen integrity.
- Understands the pre-analytical variables that affect laboratory specimens.
- Correct application of laboratory medical terminology and measurements.
- Organizational, planning, and prioritization skills to handle multiple tasks and accomplish work accurately and timely. Demonstrates problem solving by taking the appropriate actions regarding questionable findings or concerns.
- Capable of handling multiple priorities in a high volume setting.
THE LABORATORY ASSISTANT II PER DIEM ROTATING CANDIDATE WILL POSSESS THE FOLLOWING EDUCATION, LICENSE/CERTIFICATIONS, AND EXPERIENCE.
MINIMUM EDUCATION: High School Diploma or equivalent required
PREFERRED EDUCATION: Completion of a phlebotomy program.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE: 1 year of laboratory experience and/or completion of a formal phlebotomy training program.
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE: Basic laboratory computer/lab information system experience.
PREFERRED CERTIFICATIONS/REGISTRATION: Completion of formal phlebotomy training program and/or national phlebotomy certification through ASCP, ANP, ASPT or similar.
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or
employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin,
age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will
make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities
unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.
Jobs for You
- RN Obstetrics Full Time Nights Job ID: 2205017926 Date posted: 06/24/2022 Facility: Abrazo Arrowhead Campus
- Patient Care Tech FT Nights Job ID: 2205022538 Date posted: 06/24/2022 Facility: Abrazo Arrowhead Campus
- Patient Care Tech PRN Days Job ID: 2205017922 Date posted: 06/24/2022 Facility: Abrazo Arrowhead Campus
Tenet - A Community
Built on Care.
Across the country, the Tenet family includes 110,000 employees working in more than 65 hospitals and over 475 outpatient centers. We’re all focused on delivering the right care in the right place at the right time.
At Tenet, the impact of our work spreads far and deep across the many dimensions of healthcare that we touch. Every day, our employees and physicians foster a compassionate environment for care and healing in the communities we serve. We take pride in what we do, we are passionate about our chosen path, and we take seriously the true privilege we have in serving others as a Community Built on Care.Learn About Opportunities Across Tenet